see if this works
  • 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Thorpe wrote:
[url=][URL=http://img839.imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/d12f.jpg/]
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Fendi wrote:
These are the Logos that Thorpe created
Thorpe wrote:
Where is the pics?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Fendi wrote:
Sorry Thorpe, I only get Errors when trying to upload..
1771 wrote:
Man I love all these logos, I will direct Teck to this thread for sure!!! My absolute favorite is the guy on the horse, with the spear through him...AWESOME great work, I am certain they will be used. Teck will most likely add them all to our facebook fan page...SUPERCOOL!!!!

Way to contribute brother!!!!!! That is GREAT work, I appreciate all of your efforts and everyone elses efforts so much !!! Make a fella smile :)
1771 wrote:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/682/d12ke.jpg

This would be my choice because of the calvary unit, i would like to see a cannon with those 12 figures you were talking about. GREAT JOB!!!
1771 wrote:
LOVE THE NEW VERSIONS!!!! The Yellow really makes them stand out!!! I say take the calvary, soldier, and the cannon and put it in the lower right middle..Then BAM!!! We may just have found our logo, will have to talk to Teck ofcourse...But I really like it!!!
Teck wrote:
Hi Thorpe,

Thanks a lot for your effort. Man, I must said that it is AWESOME work!

There are,however,a few considerations from my side. Which font do you use?The current one on the picture seemed to be stretched a fair bit and I think the pixel will need to be fixed.As you can see from the main page site logo,the dimension for the image is 365x40.We'll need to find a way to re-adjust the dimension of the picture that you currently got.

We do also have a favicon of 16X16 for this site.I do need to take that in the consideration as well.The icon is the dice thing that lies between the site logo.

Anyone else has any ideas?
Teck wrote:
Sorry dude,

I should have make myself clearer.We can have different versions for the site logo, used in various means such as promotions, billboards, name cards etc...So we might need different dimensions for each of them.
Vexer wrote:
So you guys are talking about changing the logo that is at the top of every page on the site? I like these logos, but I don't think that any of them match the rest of the site design and I think it would look terrible.

One of the reasons why I chose this site was because of it's clean and simple interface. I like the current simple logo. I liked it so much that I put it into the DXII Stadium map in multiple locations. It was my assumption that the logo would never change. why would it need to?

I would like there to be a place on the site to display these but I don't think any of them belong at the top of every page. 

The quality of these logos is also not on par with the rest of the graphics on the site. I can see pixelation in all of them and some of them have cheesy aspects. if they were a map I would say they need work and wouldn't allow them on the site until the quality was improved. If you guys are serious about putting these on the site then they need as much scrutiny as the maps get and just as many revisions. I would also put it to a vote between the current logo and the new one. I can help scrutinize it in detail to help get the quality up if you are serious, but honestly I'd rather spend my time on maps. 

It will be quite difficult to get the theme of Thorpe's logos to mix well with the design of the rest of the site. I personally don't think that it's worth the effort because I see nothing wrong with the current logo. Rather than rework these logo's to match the site or redesign the site to match the logo, we should just put these logo's on the facebook page like 1771 suggested.

No offense to Thorpe, i just have high standards.
Teck wrote:
That's what I like about you, Vexer. Always being precise and maintain the standard =)

Yes,the proposed site logo is indeed never matched the site design in the first place, given the background color etc. Having a site logo would mean having it in different forms for various promotional materials. And that of course being able to fit into various parts of the website =)

Given that there is a lot of other priorities on the mine plate, treat this discussion as some improvement that we can utilize rather than as a change.

Yup, I've no problem putting it in the FB group page.
Thorpe wrote:
I never intended it to replace the current logo but as a supplement to it and so don't worry I like the current main logo and yes i know that the graphics are not on par with d12 which means that I would take the final one to somebody else to fix....so relax
Thorpe wrote:
One more just for you