• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
mibi wrote:
I just say this,

"You are creating a new game. This will cost you 40 points.
You currently have 3,400 points."

Wow, what's that about? I'm curious.
huzzah!
4myGod wrote:
Lol, it doesn't cost points yet. In every game you play you get 20 game points at the end of the game, no matter what. You can think of it like cash or something for playing a good game. If you miss a turn then you lose some of the 20 points you would normally receive.

You can use the points you receive to buy a rank (when the rank is available to you) or to create games. It will only cost 20 points to create a game. This makes it so people want to join other peoples games more than create their own. Everyone who starts out at the site will have 500 points to start. If there are no games in the Pending game list then creating a game will be free. As well I was thinking to have games auto created daily for people to join for free.

Ranking:
Ranking "points" are completely different and are not something that you lose and gain. Let me explain how ranking works. They are recalculated every week starting from 0.

The site holds tally's against people. So let's say you win against me:

You are "above" me:
mibi vs. 4myGod, tally = 1

The more you win the higher the tally goes, however if I start winning against you I can turn it around so it's:

4myGod vs. mibi, tally = 1

Now let's say I win 5 times:

4myGod vs. mibi, tally = 5

So this will be recorded against everyone you play. So as an example you might be a very good player and eventually you will have this:

mibi vs. snagglepuss 5
mibi vs. Dancing Mustard 2
mibi vs. Commandatorre 3
mibi vs. PlayfulBilly 6

So you have this, and nobody has a tally against you. I come along though and let's say I win against you so that I am "above" you in the tally.

4myGod vs. mibi 1

Now this is where I would start receiving points. The points are dynamic, they aren't something you lose, but rather something that I gain depending on how good the people I win against are. Once a week the server will calculate how many points everyone should receive.

To calculate my points it would calculate your tallys. Any tally you have against someone 1-4 would be 1 point, 5-9 would be 5 points, 10-14 would be 10 points.

So the points I would have from winning against you would be:

mibi vs. snagglepuss 5 (+5 points)
mibi vs. Dancing Mustard 2 (+1 point)
mibi vs. Commandatorre 3 (+1 point)
mibi vs. PlayfulBilly 6 (+5 points)

So I would have 12 points when the points were calculated. The 12 points I have from you will not effect the amount of points you have. Your points will be calculated by the Tally's that snagglepuss, Dancing Mustard, Commandatorre, and PlayfulBilly (the people you are above) have against the people they are above.

Now let's say you lose to someone else:

You are above:
mibi vs. snagglepuss 5
mibi vs. Dancing Mustard 2
mibi vs. Commandatorre 3
mibi vs. PlayfulBilly 6

Above you:
4myGod vs. mibi 1
elementx vs. mibi 1

Now, of those 12 points I have for being above you I now have to split them with everyone who has a tally against you. So in this example I would receive 6 points and elementx would receive 6 points. If I had 2 tally marks and he has 1 against you, I would receive 8 points and he would receive 4 (2/3*12 = 8, 1/3*12 = 4).

The reason the ranking will be set up like this is so that if you beat a noob who just joined the site you aren't going to get any points whatsoever until he has won against other people, which if he does you will dynamically receive points later. As well if you beat someone who everyone beats, you won't get many points for it because you have to share the points you would gain from him with everyone who beat him. Remember points are not a thing to be traded or lost, they will be recalculated every week.

Also, tally's are permanent. If I beat you today and gain a tally against you and then you get tally's above other people 1 year later; when my points are recalculated they will calculate those people as well. You can however change it so I don't get points by defeating me and bringing yourself back above me in tally.

I hope I explained this well enough.