maybe a little weird and low on the list of stuff to do
  • 34 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Pntbttr wrote:
OK here are some ideas:
what if we had a limited reinforcement where you had like two or three choices (or we could make it so you could move like adjacent but you can move twice)
how about a caps game where you have two small caps and if you take one you get half of the other person
what about a setting where when ever everybody uses a set of cards the nutral gets plus 1 on each territory
Maybe we could even do something where every place starts with a 1 or maybe a 10
here is an idea, what about a multiple hidden caps game where you have 5-6 caps but you can't see other peoples caps and when you take a persons cap you get a % of that persons troops, or you could make it so you get one of there cards

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe you could even come up with more cool ideas. I am pretty sure a lot of this stuff will never happen, but it would be cool if we did some of it.
Vexer wrote:
yeah it would be cool if you could specify how many fortifications and whether they are chained or adjacent. 3 adjacent moves would be interesting for a capitals game.

I'm not so hot on the two capitals thing though, people have a hard enough time playing well with just one.

i don't think that the neutral +1 thing would change the game very much. people avoid attacking neutrals anyway.
Pntbttr wrote:
We should have an option that allows you to make it so you can't see how many cards everybody has
1771 wrote:
Now that could be an interesting option pntbttr.
Dsds7292 wrote:
How a bout a mirror map??. Take the world for instance. double the map, and make it so each territor could attack it;s mirror
Vexer wrote:
wow, ds, after thinking about it, that is an amazing idea. it would be cool to program an option so that you could make any map a mirror map but then again you would have to scroll a lot if you had two maps to display. I think it would be better if you just made a new map called mirror map so that it would still be a similar size as the rest of the maps, just split it down the middle.

So to make sure I am understanding this right, you can attack the territories you are adjacent to, and it's mirror on the other side right. That we be so interesting and complicated.

I would say that the map should be simple because adding the mirror thing complicates it a lot. We wouldn't want a mirror map of the oregon cities map because it is complicated enough as it is.

This kind of map can be programmed into the system right now whereas a game option that would automatically double any map would take some programming.

If someone does do this idea, the map should be doubled and not mirrored even though we called it a mirror map.
Dsds7292 wrote:
Right. Each territory can attack the adjacent territoris to it, and it can also attack it's mirror,but not the mirrors adjacent territoris
Dsds7292 wrote:
also, the two maps could connect and attack each other some how
Vexer wrote:
I really think this idea would be better on a custom map made just for it. I was thinking it could be called Parallel Universe. the map would be the same size as the world map but would have a left half and a right half. Or a top half and a bottom half. So it would work well with something the size of the panama map or with a map that is longer than it is wide.

One of the reasons I think the idea would be better as a custom map is that with most maps it would make it extremely hard to hold any continent. Except for maybe the Cuba map. That map would probably work well with this idea because it's continents are easy to hold and it has few territories. Doubling the map would make it perfect.

I can't do this with that map though because it would need some resizing and re-lableling and Noxon deleted the original that has each element of the map separated into layers. It would be hard to do without that original file.
Dsds7292 wrote:
I was giving the world map as an exampl. I like the idea of a custom map just for it
lucide wrote:
Mirroring the map is an marvellious idea! i truely loved it. And it may even be very easy to implement?? dsds, i am sure you can mirror the classic world map and we can give it a try?
Vexer wrote:
oh, it can be done with any map. Teck could write some code to do it automatically for all maps or we can just make a new map and program it in that way. the difficulty is getting it to fit well with the site and not have to scroll a forever. i personally wouldn't want to scroll through two maps to get to the chat. that is why I would prefer a custom map with this idea.