Distributors departure
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
1771 wrote:
I woke up this morning and I had a message waiting for me saying Distributor is leaving dxii because he is tired of people making mistakes and costing him his games. So I sent Distributor a message saying this:

I just got a message saying after you finish your regular games you are leaving dxii, why is that? Something about you losing because of other peoples mistakes. First off i would hate to see you go, you have become one of the greats. Notice I put "have become", because I watched you grow to the great player that you are, people learn from those mistakes they make bro, and everyone makes them, from thaithai on down to the guy that may join the site tomorrow. No one is perfect my friend, and i have seen you win plenty of games from other peoples mistakes, hell just the other day you won because of a mistake that i made. But do you know why you really won? Because you are a great player, one that recognizes a mistake and capitalizes on it, and that's exactly what you did in the game i am talking about.

It absolutely drives me crazy that people shoot for the higher ranking players, it makes me want to leave everyday, but my love for the game, the site and most importantly the players that i have become close to, such as yourself keep me coming back. I am not paid to do what i do here, i did not receive a free premium i bought it. So i am not obligated in no way to anyone or anything here. I come here each and every day, sometimes i put up with a bunch of bs, but i come here for my friends, my brothers and sisters that share the same love that i do. If you do leave then I am stuck asking myself the question. Why am I here? Because I could of swore that you had the same love that i have for the game, and if I am wrong about you maybe I am wrong about the others thaithai, vexer, glanru, blocky, I mean the list could go on and on. Am I wrong? Is this all for nothing, because I could swear we come here for the comradery , and the fun we get from wiping the floor with someone. I have to say D, this upsets me in more ways than one. My question to you is where are you going to go to get your risk fix? I mean honestly there is no where to go play risk where people aren't going to make mistakes. Are you going to say to hell with it? Because that is what you are going to have to do, people will always make mistakes. I am still learning with each new map, new change, brings different strategies, new ways to win. Things not to do or things i should of done differently. As one of the greats it is your place to help the new guys, thats what we do here, i have seen you do it before, so keep doing it bro. Vexer, thaithai and I fight like cats and dogs if someone just jumped in one of our games they would most likely think we hate one another, but that is definetly not the case, we are learning from one another STILL and we are all in the top 4, hell you are apart of that top four. My point is, if you are looking for that perfect game bro, it's not there, it won't never be there. What I look for is that GREAT game, where I play my heart out trying to beat whoever I am playing, where i see the mistake someone made and I use it to my advantage. The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat, they are both somewhat of a rush to me, because I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Do you? Stay my friend, stay and teach others what you have learned, that is what the greats do.

I am posting this to the forums too, because I want you to see what others think, hopefully it will help you in making your decision. Hopefully it may help the next guy too. Because I for one am tired of losing great players.

the reason I am putting it in forums is because one of our players needs us right now, he needs our words of encouragement, our advise, our words of wisdom. So please let him have it!
Vexer wrote:
what other site has capitals on the saturn map D? None

but to address what 1771 said, the game IS all about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. You win enough that your thrills are greater than your agony even when you lose because of someone else's mistakes. It's still worth playing. It's still fun if you just relax about your win/loss ratio and play for the camaraderie and the mental exercise.

This isn't chess, you can't win them all based on your skill. Other people screw your game up it's true. but playing risk on this site is 1000 times more fun than chess even though it still takes a lot of mental ability.
Teck wrote:
I'm second to what 1771 and Vexer have to say. D, it's been a great pleasure to have you as a valuable player on this site, as it always been.

However, I would love to contribute my 2 cents here. Even if you do move on to other websites, likewise, you're gonna meet a lot of players making mistakes too. As 1771 said, no one is perfect and we all going to make mistakes.

But I'm sure that we're one of the kind, where we stay, because we would enjoy the process of making friends, meeting them in the battlefield, fighting with our sweat and blood. And of course, bringing up the newbies so that they can fight us, to help us improve ourselves with new strategies. That's how we all grow and the fun comes, isn't it?

If there's no challenges in the game, then it won't be fun either. And that's the time when everyone else would leave too.

I hope my 2 cents worth a thought. And again, it's great to know you my friend.
distributor wrote:
Indeed this is best risk site . If one day one of us leaeve it , it will be temporary .

CHEERS!!!
BrewDog wrote:
Don't leave, just be more selective with your opponents. Perhaps invite only/password protected games are the answer.