Supposed to be Lance Corporal
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
cody224 wrote:
I looked in "My shop", and it says I have the required amount of points to become lance corporal, but for some reason Im still a private first class. I waited a couple hours, thinking maybe it needed to refresh itself, but it still hasn't changed.
Glanru wrote:
It does when you purchase new rank. It seems bugged if you previously bought the rank, lost rank, and have points enough for the rank again.
cody224 wrote:
Oh, well I purchased the rank earlier, back in the old Ranking system. And it won't let my buy it again.
Glanru wrote:
It took almost a week for it to update my rank back to Lance Corporal. I had completed (and won) two games after having already had enough points for it again. I honestly don't know what's wrong with it, but it did eventually update for me without having to ask any admin.
cody224 wrote:
Glanru: Oh ok, thanks.

Distributor: Well yea, but I still wanted the rank to change like its supposed to.
Vexer wrote:
I am not 100% positive on this but it seems that it doesn't change right away so as not to burden the server. the server goes through every once in awhile when activity is low and updates everyone's rank. this is based on observation, 4myGod has yet to comment on why it has this behavior.

Distributor may also be right in saying that you have to lose one game and not just finish one. who knows.
Teck wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing that issue up. I will be checking this issue with 4myGod.

And we'll try to fix the bugs once the transfer of the hosting is done.

Vexer wrote:
I do believe that rank only gets updated when you lose a game or when you purchase a new rank.

Your rank will not immediately show up if you have previously owned the rank, then lost it, then regained it like Glanru said. But if your new rank doesn't show up after purchasing it for the first time then message Fendi and she can manually update it immediately.

Also, I believe skill level gets updated once a week.
Brendenator wrote:
I have the same issue as the original poster on this thread. I purchased a rank, and still have over 100 more points than necessary to maintain it. I have also finished two games and it still has not updated my new rank, in fact it dropped me back down to the lowest rank possible!
Vexer wrote:
your issue is that you never bought the rank of private. you skipped it and bought Private First Class, and then recently bought Lance Corporal. You have to purchase all the previous ranks in order for your rank to be correct. The true cost of the rank of Lance Corporal is not 350 tokens, it's 350 + 200 + 100.

I did the same thing you did. I bought Private First Class before Private hoping that I would not have to purchase Private, but that's not the case. I admit it's confusing and some day we'll get around to fixing it so that you can only buy them in order.

You might be unhappy that you have to spend more tokens. The reason why you have to buy rank with tokens is because it prevents cheaters from ranking up quickly. because when cheating you can get points much faster than you can get tokens. the token system works well to disincentivize cheating but if a player happens to be highly skilled then the tokens are very limiting. The system is also designed to encourage you to play more games in order to get the required tokens. I bought premium because needed to get tokens faster.

That being said, if you have the points for the next 3 ranks (or more) but don't have enough tokens for even the next rank and you are really frustrated by this then message me. I will verify that you are getting the points legitimately and give you some tokens. I won't give you all the tokens you need because i don't want to take away the incentive to play more games but I will give you a substantial amount.