Let's solve this problem once and for all
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
tcjohans wrote:
Hello all

It just happens way too often that someone in my team games is not aware that it's a team game and doesn't communicate or even attacks and ruins his own teams. It must stop. I'm tired of it.

Can we please have some serious reflection on how to make sure this doesn't happen and implement, once and for all, all the necessary mechanisms?

Here are some suggestions:

- Each team game should, by default, start with a standard message in the general Game chat, something along these lines: "This is a team game. Please check the Team Chat and communicate with your team mates. In a team game. you can fortify other team members and move troops through territories held by your team members."

- Implement some mechanism through which team members can call to the attention of a team member that he is in a team game. For instance a button which will make sure the target player will receive a big pop-up message in his next turn, notifying him that it is a team game and that he is playing in the same team as Blue, Green etc.
dough_boy wrote:
Don't join random team games.

But I have made numerous suggestions over the years. The only one implemented was starting on team chat instead of game chat.
The_Bishop wrote:
tcjohans
Hello all

It just happens way too often that someone in my team games is not aware that it's a team game and doesn't communicate or even attacks and ruins his own teams. It must stop. I'm tired of it.

Can we please have some serious reflection on how to make sure this doesn't happen and implement, once and for all, all the necessary mechanisms?

Here are some suggestions:

- Each team game should, by default, start with a standard message in the general Game chat, something along these lines: "This is a team game. Please check the Team Chat and communicate with your team mates. In a team game. you can fortify other team members and move troops through territories held by your team members."

- Implement some mechanism through which team members can call to the attention of a team member that he is in a team game. For instance a button which will make sure the target player will receive a big pop-up message in his next turn, notifying him that it is a team game and that he is playing in the same team as Blue, Green etc.

Holy words!

This problem has been addressed several times in several ways in the last 3 years but nothing has changed.
Sometimes I randomly jumped into starting team games to explain the rules, but it's time consuming...
Some users even exploited this lack of clarity at their best in order to cumulate huge amount of ratings.

A collection of ideas: https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/3613/improvements-to-team-games?page=1

What can we do?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
This sounds like something you could easily do yourself by copy pasting a message into the game chat. If you can prove this makes a big difference, then we can look into automating it
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
tcjohans wrote:
Ok, Cireon, I will start copy-pasting that message into all my team games from today, at the risk of coming across as some weird guy.

However, what sort of proof are you looking for? In order to prove that a certain mechanism yields positive results I would need statistics comparing the number of games with "absent-minded players" without the mechanism implemented and the number of games with "absent-minded players" with the mechanism implemented.

To my mind, any form of information designed to make people aware of the nature of the game should be suitable as long as it doesn't interfere substantially with the functioning of the site. Various mechanisms can be implemented to that end: A message of the sort I mentioned, small differences in the design and style of team games (e.g. using different colors of backgrounds and other elements), and I am sure there is a plethora of ideas among the site community.