• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
tcjohans wrote:
There should be a way to block players from team games temporarily.

I'm just now playing a team game with a guy who doesn't respond in the team chat, nor in the general chat, nor to private messages and keeps on attacking my territories. It seems he is completely unaware it is a team game and - I suppose - probably signed up to the game thinking it was a single-player game.
It is particularly frustrating as we were on a good path to win the game when he suddenly started attacking me systematically.

Players like this undermine the sound functioning of team games, and I think it should be possible to block them from team games until they understand team games exist and how to play in them. Otherwise they will keep on signing up to team games and ruining the game for others.
Matty wrote:
Alternative solution: Maybe let players purchase team games from the gametypes shop (link) for one token or something?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
tcjohans wrote:
I like that idea.

Here are two more ideas:
- When a player takes his first turn in a team game, a special message should appear indicating that it is a team game, with an OK button to click to confirm one has understood.
- If the team mates feel one player seems to be unaware of the team, they should be able to select an option that will force a reminder message to appear to that player the next time he starts his turn.
dough_boy wrote:
I had suggested that when it is your turn the message contains information about the game type and other valuable game information.
Matty wrote:
We already have a tab with information about the game - if that's unclear we can improve it (but tell us what is unclear). But a popup message is not likely to fix anything.
The thing about popup messages is that people see an awful lot of them, and most are unnecessary, so people click them away without reading it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
It is most people once they sign up don't bother going to the tab about game info. Like instead of start turn or whatever it is, what if the button text said start team turn. Maybe above the button it could say It is your turn in this "Domination/Assassination/Capital/etc" game.

This is probably only necessary for people who play a lot of games...
Matty wrote:
Yeah, but you can keep adding "important" information to that button, and people will just not read it either. This information is already always visible on the screen, it's just that people really don't want to look.