• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
DreamStreet wrote:
Not sure if this has ever been talked about before; I apologize if it has. We all know that Murder Suicide is pretty much illegal on this site. However, in Tournament settings, I just thought about some specific situations where it might actually be beneficial or helpful to you if you commit M/S,

I guess most people here know how the World Inverted Tournament that is going on now works. It appears that the 9p games are worth 8 points, and the 1v1 games are worth 1. Hypothetically, let's say that I currently have 6 points, and God_of_War has 8 points. All games are done except 2 9p games that are still going. Let's say I win one of the 9p games which puts me up to 14 points. I am currently have the most points, but with one game still left, if God_of_War wins the last one, he goes up to 16 points and wins the tournament. I honestly do not even need a win to win the tournament, but all I need is God_of_War to lose to guarantee my tournament win. So in that circumstance, committing M/S against God_of_War would be beneficial to me to make sure he loses so he does not take the top spot and win the tournament, I get confirmed tournament winner. Would Murder/Suicide be acceptable in a rare situation like that? Has anyone else ever thought of this kind of situation before? What are all your thoughts of M/S in a special situation like that? I'm curious to hear opinions.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but if I were a tournament organiser and someone suicided on one of their rivals, I would cancel the game in question, and reorganise it with the suicider excluded.

Remember that the site rules don't change just because you're in a tournament. At the end of the day, tournament games are still normal games where rating is on the line, and so suiciding cannot be justified.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

bluebonnet wrote:
New here and have yet to see a suicide.
Isnt the only point of tournament games to determine a tournament winner? So any actions that ensures your winning the tournament should be good to go imho.

But then again I am a bit cold hearted. :)