point gain loss
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
1 vs 1 games should be devalued in a way 1 point gain and one point loses.
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
AlexCheckMate wrote:
There is already a bit of an adjustment for rating in 1v1 games:

https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/3078/inner-workings-of-the-game-engine/post/53716#post-53716

It's however not to the extend you'd like it to be (unless there's an enormous difference in rating between you and your opponent, then it will eventually go down to just the +-1).

I can see merit in both approaches.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
1 point gained 1 point loss, means I can go up at infinity playing newbies or random players, but since it is only 1 point it would require to play a lot of games before seeing the effects. So maybe can be a solution but a bit weird... It's like an Almost Unrated option!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
Yes that's right
that is the real value
all the problems and further story is unnecessary, that is a fact.
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
The_Bishop wrote:
I partially agree on creating some sort of devaluation but I have another idea in mind, which I'll probably post in the other threads started by Alex, because I see this one more focused on the '1-point option' which could be a valid suggestion of course, but honestly I am not much favourable.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein