Team Game invites
  • 19 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
periwinkle wrote:
Hello D12! 

There are a few of us (like myself) that LOVE team games. However, it is challenging to get a couple of good team battles going since teams are created by join order and you can not reserve spots (unlike other sites). Most of my teammates are from different time zones and it is hard to all jump into a game at the same time to ensure that we belong to the same team. As a result, I need to put a password on all my games, then load up my team first then, open up the game to everyone else. This often creates an unfair advantage for the first team since subsequent teams that do join often do not team up together...sometimes players do not know they have joined a team game until the 2nd or 3rd round. 

So, what is the point of this thread then? I will post a team game here in this thread. If you and your friends are interested in challenging me and my team, then message me and I'll invite you and your team to the game and no one else to ensure you are on the same team. This way, my team and I can have more challenging team games. 

I also invite other players who also want to post team games to use this thread as well. There are a few of us that are established team players that would like to challenge other established teams here.  Hopefully, we can get some good games going! Hey...maybe we can start a clan thing....cheers!

peri ;)
periwinkle is online.
clarkenfeld wrote:
no takers yet. Hmmm. This is a really fun way to play risk, and get connected with other people!
The_Bishop wrote:
clarkenfeld
no takers yet. Hmmm. This is a really fun way to play risk, and get connected with other people!
Indeed it is!

You guys can also set a password on the game and once your team has joined ask to some admins or moderators to remove the password... We can do that. :)

periwinkle
This often creates an unfair advantage for the first team since subsequent teams that do join often do not team up together...sometimes players do not know they have joined a team game until the 2nd or 3rd round.
Yes, I've already noticed this problem and reported it. I don't know what I can do. Sometimes when I have time I randomly jump in near-to-start team games, or just started, and I advice people in the chat telling them what kind of game is that and what they can do in a team game... I could do that more often maybe, or you should just do it by yourselves.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
periwinkle wrote:
Thanks for the offer Bishop! and thanks to all mods for your service here!  however, with join order as the only way to ensure your team, it's tricky when your teammates are in vastly different time zones. i will consider removing the password....for now, this will ensure that a team will join as a team. I will make some suggestions in the forums shortly.

Looking for challengers in this awesome game! message me if you have a team of 3!

https://dominating12.com/game/1160807
periwinkle is online.
elysium5 wrote:
If you create a group chat with all the players you would like to have in a game and have them all agree on the details of the game set up, color selections, partners, etc., I could create and set the game up for you. It would only take a few minutes and please don't consider it a waste of my time, either. I would be happy to do it as a workaround to the current set up and it would allow you to be able to set it up exactly how you would like it. I would much rather spend time here helping our members enjoy the site instead of spending it on negative players who would rather waste it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
periwinkle wrote:
elysium5
If you create a group chat with all the players you would like to have in a game and have them all agree on the details of the game set up, color selections, partners, etc., I could create and set the game up for you. It would only take a few minutes and please don't consider it a waste of my time, either. I would be happy to do it as a workaround to the current set up and it would allow you to be able to set it up exactly how you would like it. I would much rather spend time here helping our members enjoy the site instead of spending it on negative players who would rather waste it.

Aw....thank you! Yes...team games are a lot of fun! Many players think that it really is a singles game...but it isn't....imho it's a fantastic team game! There is more complexity in a team game that most players don't realize....such as turn order.  The best teams are the teams that fully fortify their teammates so that all available troops are used efficiently and not sitting idle for an entire round.  This is best demonstrated with unlimited fortification.

D12.... clark and i have a offer for you! Want to know how to play a team game well? Message me and join us (be on our team) for a few games....think of it as a mentoring thing.  So...what's my motive? To start building a team culture here. The only way to do that is to share good strategies. Tbh, clark and I enjoy a good challenging well fought game.  The only way to get good games going is through mentorship.  So....wanna try a team game with us? What are you waiting for? Message me.

Peri ;)

periwinkle is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
ThB is me ? o_O ... Well, now that we are friends you can call me 'Most Reverend Eminence The_Bishop', or just 'Bishop' to keep it short.

Indeed I joined the dream team: Periwinkle and Clarkenfeld are adorable and professional team players. Nice people first of all.
The game has just started, I'm already having pleasure and fun and the feeling that will be more and more so. Win or loss becomes a secondary fact...
Although of course we play to win !
AlexCheckMate wrote:
The_Bishop
ThB is me ? o_O ... Well, now that we are friends you can call me 'Most Reverend Eminence The_Bishop', or just 'Bishop' to keep it short.

Indeed I joined the dream team: Periwinkle and Clarkenfeld are adorable and professional team players. Nice people first of all.
The game has just started, I'm already having pleasure and fun and the feeling that will be more and more so. Win or loss becomes a secondary fact...
Although of course we play to win !

Tbh = to be honest
I like your creativity though^^
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh great !! I made an 'assassin' of myself.... :S  Let's laugh!

I have recently joined a game with Peri and Clarke, so it looked so much like a reference to me.
Strange acronyme, I'm not expert with acronymes, and the comma wasn't necessary, that's what fooled me...

Anyway I'll never forgot: TBH = 'to be honest'. Fantastic!
periwinkle wrote:
Bahahaha!  Welcome to the team Most Reverend Eminence The_Bishop! Yes...we can win together or cry together....it makes both more fun...isn't that what we are here for? If we are going to waste time ...might as well have some good laughs together...no fun laughing by yourself. ;)
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Here are 3 more games....grab yourself a partner or a team of 4...message me for the password so I can ensure your team joins as a team....cheers!

https://dominating12.com/game/1174747

https://dominating12.com/game/1174748

https://dominating12.com/game/1173393
periwinkle is online.