• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
In a 2v2 team game that one team can both 3 card cash, but the other team both 5 card cashes? And only one wild among all 4 players?
Matty wrote:
From https://dominating12.com/forums/4/strategy-tips/2590/card-turn-in-odds :
Matty
- A turn in with 3 cards: 42.28%
- A turn in with 4 cards: 81.70%
- A turn in with 5 cards: 100%

So the one team both cashing in at 3 is 18%, this means on average this will happen once every 6 games
0.4228 * 0.4228 = 0.1788
The other team both not having a turn in at 4 is only 3%, so on average this will happen like once every 30 games
(1 - 0.8170) * (1 - 0.8170) = 0.03349
And the odds of both happening at the same time is both multiplied, which gives 0.005986. Half a percent chance means this'll happen once every 200 games on average.

Of course, this assumes you only have one turn in a game, in reality the odds will increase a bit.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Nice...I figured it had to be low.

Also, the raw stats, does that change based on the number of territories? Fewer territories means fewer cards to pull that are needed?
Matty wrote:
They rely on every colour having the same number of cards available I think. So if you know someone turned in 3 red cards the odds will slightly change I suppose.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria