how to get more people to play
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
I have a suggestion. Let's make live games unlimited for your first 6 months on the site. That way, even if you are already in 4 regular games, you can still play live games.
This is the best way to promote the site. Live games help you get to know the other players and it builds the community.
After the 6 months are up, they'll be hooked and will buy premium to keep playing. That way the site will get payed for too.

Please comment if you like this idea. 4myGod wants to see if there is support for this so please comment.
Crystal wrote:
I agree, but I'd only do it for two months. I'm addicted, just saving so I can buy premium. 

PS love the site
Mike wrote:
love the site, guess i`m an addict to, would love to play alot more games, hate it when some games die. multi players (4 or more) on regular games are fun untill someone stops playing and then the game just lags, this limits my possible playing time. may stop playing regular game completely.
Holt wrote:
I enjoy this site alot although I have only been on here for a few days now. The only problems I see with the site so far, and this may not be a big problem to anyone else, is that the lag in the live games is a bit much sometimes. It would be nice if it was a little more real time. What I mean is when someone is attacking and you are just watching they could take out 5 to 10 men sometimes without you seeing what happend until the lag catches up and then you see the men gone. Just a suggestion in the Live Games section.
Glanru wrote:
Six months for free unlimited live games seems a little too long as suggested by Vexer, but two months seems a bit short as suggested by Crystal. Three months would be a quarter of the year, and would provide a long enough time span to allow players to get hooked and desire premium.
4myGod wrote:
nrholt88, man I wish I could make it completely live/real time. That would be great, the problem is, the server just won't handle it, because every second it would have to check the database, but just loading the database alone takes a few seconds. It would overload our server as well. So I set the reload time to 10 seconds, every 10 seconds it will update, also whenever you do something it will update. So if you move or attack or anything like that, it will update the map.
Holt wrote:
Well it was just a suggestion and I understand what you are saying. Thanks for the great site and keep up the good work.