Live games - Turns same time
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Glanru wrote:
Two out of three games today I had armies disappear at crucial moments in the game. Both times it was caused by hitting the "send to" button after attacking. First time the territory was attacked (by another player after I won the battle and before I sent more armies) and I didn't "own" it when I hit the "send to" button and they were sent... to a void. The second time happened when I had to refresh the page and the game I guess thought I hit the "send to" button twice causing 8 armies to vanish.
Vexer wrote:
Glanru left out the fact that these were same time games
4myGod wrote:
Oh, then there is a HUGE chance someone attacked you Glanru. Did you check the log?
Glanru wrote:
I use Firefox as my browser. 

I checked the log. The first incident I attacked a country taking control of it and the game auto places 1 army onto the territory. Before I hit the "send to" button, the other player attacked it taking control and killing 1 army. When I hit the "send to" button, the 4 armies that I intended to send to the country just vanished.

The other time it occurred, the only other player who hadn't ended their turn had 1 army in a bordering country. One army can't even attack. So, I took over a territory hit the "send to" button and had some lag. I hit the button again by mistake and all 8 armies were gone.
cody224 wrote:
That's what happens in same time games, you have to be fast or the other guy will get you.
4myGod wrote:
As for the first one, it sounds like they took the territory you were sending the armies to, then you clicked send to. Chances are they not only took that territory but attacked your armies, that's why they disappeared. The game updates every 10 seconds or when you make a move. So by clicking "send to" the game checked the database and realized you don't have those armies anymore and updated the map so you can see. To you it looked like you lost those armies but in reality the guy probably just killed them.

The second game the guy was probably holding off on his turn. So he didn't place his armies until you placed yours, then when he saw where you placed yours he placed his quickly and started attacking your troops before you could attack his, because attacker has better odds. I think this is a strategy some Same Time players like to use.
Glanru wrote:
In the first game I highly doubt the guy killed 5 armies without losing even 1 army.

The second game, if the other player had waited to place it would have been 5 of his armies attacking 8 of mine defending. Now we're talking less than .1% chance of me losing all 8 armies while he lost none.

Add the two encounters together and it's less than a .01% probability that any opponents attacking me could have killed that many armies given the conditions. However it is very probable that he issue lies in the error detection or correction in the function that handles the send to button. 
4myGod wrote:
I don't know where you are getting those percentages. They aren't accurate at all. Find the exact time of the attack and I will check the logs. The logs record all the troops lost on both sides and I can check if he attacked and killed your troops.
Dsds7292 wrote:
Ohhhh, I didn't know the attacker had better odds. I always thought it was the defendr
1771 wrote:
the attacker has better odds only if he has 4 or more men, because it plays like dice in the board game, the att. would have 3 dice and the def. would have 2 dice which would increase his odd by roughly 33%, and 33% is really alot, so imagine the attacker could really do some damage with something like 9 vs. 12 or anything with 4 or more men. i know personally i have seen some amazing defeats both off and on the computer. the dice only can be even when it is 3vs.3 or 2vs.2 any other time, most likely the attacker has the odds.

Quick question: Anyone remember castle risk, it was on the backside of the original risk game when the pieces were little roman numerals?
Vexer wrote:
I have castle risk. Never was able to find enough players for a good game though