• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
ptgreg wrote:
Hello,

I am new here, so sorry if this question was already asked.
I don't quite get the rule about card turn-in when defeating a player.

In Card turn in:Normal, is it:
1. if after you have defeated a player, you get 5 cards or more, then you are allowed to turn cards?
So if I have 3 cards, and I kill a player with 2 cards, I can turn my cards and keep attacking
or
2. if after you have defeated a player, you get more than 5 (so 6 or more), then you are allowed to turn cards?
So if I have 3 cards, and I kill a player with 2 cards, I can't turn my cards, and I need to wait next turn to turn them.

Another question:
- After defeating a player, I am allowed to turn 2 set of cards if I have at least 6 cards and that I have two "eligible" sets. Am I correct?

More generally, I couldn't find on the website the rules (like the leaflet you get when you buy Risk or any physical game)
It's a bit mixed between the Glossary, the Play Turn and maybe other places.

Thx for your help. My next moves depends on this :p
dough_boy wrote:
#1. If you have 5+ you can turn in with normal cards.

If you have 6+ you could turn in more than one set. I had 9 one time (had 4, killed a 5) and got 3 sets.
The_Bishop wrote:
Hello Ptgreg,
Welcome to Dominating Twelve, here is where professional players love to play! ;)

After a kill you need 5 or more cards in order to be allowed (and forced) to turn in.
Unless you set the cards to "Advanced" in which case the turn-in after a kill is free (you just need to have one or more "eligible" sets: 3 cards might be enough for that).
Hasbro's rules are that you need 6 or more or cards, but this is not Risk, this is D12, our rules are much better for avoiding stalemating situations
With 6 or 7 cards you can turn in twice if you've got 2 sets. With 8 cards or 9 cards you are forced to turn-in twice, in the latter case with a bit of luck you can turn-in even thrice!

I hope I have clarified how it works.
I didn't see Dough_Boy's post sorry
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
ptgreg wrote:
Thx. It's very clear.
It's just that I didn't know if 5+ meant:
- 5 or more cards
- more than 5 cards
I find it a bit ambiguous, you might want to make this more explicit.
dough_boy wrote:
#+ ALWAYS means >= #. Just a short way of denoting # or more.

So 5+ = 5 or more
6+ means more than 5, or 6 or more

This is universal and not just limited to D12.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes maybe there might be some ambiguity.
FIY (for your information) these abbreviations are commonly used:
5+ is 5 or more,
>5 is more than 5,
# means number.
Once again I fell asleep while typing and Dough_boy preceded me! :(

In any case Ptgreg is right: the turn-in rules aren't fully explained. Thanks for this report then.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein