• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
mpesa wrote:
on the Panama map, I can't tell if the Pscific port in the far right "continent" borders two countries or just one. I've never known a port to border two countries but it kind of looks like it does.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Mpesa for your report. Yes maybe there might be some ambiguity.
However, I inform you that that eastern port on the Pacific coast only applies to Riosucio and not to other territories.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
The map was refined by me a few years ago, but the site wanted to keep all the original content and design.

The rule for any item on a map, from text labels to circles to ports is, they will never be partially intended for something, but if it won't fit whole in the territory, then it should overlap it.
The way I looked at it while refining the map was, if it was meant to be for the Curbarado territory, it would at least be lined up with the majority pointing at that territory.
However, it probably would have been better to have overlapped it on the Riosucio territory, which would have eliminated all doubt.
At the time of refining the map, I didn't see ambiguity with it and unfortunately, the layered version of this map is on my dead computer.
If I ever get it running to get the files off, I'll return to this concern and adjust the port in question.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
aeronautic
... However, it probably would have been better to have overlapped it on the Riosucio territory, which would have eliminated all doubt ...
If you do, please do it consistently with all ports. Otherwise it'll just look weird.

But yeah, to me this map has always been clear. If this port belonged to Curbarado it would have been placed much further down (and a bit more to the right).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Maybe Hood can work his magic. I like the map but it seems "dated" from the newer looking maps.

Also, shrinking the port identifier down some might help.

What was the basis for the map (like a timeperiod)? I was looking at a live map to see if curbarado can just not just out, but I can't find this anywhere (well, that is a large area like this). According to maps I see Choco is this entire area...and Uraba doesn't extend as far left as it does...

I wonder if those were corrected it might help alleviate the other issues.
Matty wrote:
This is the second map ever made (after world classic - which is remade).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I am unaware of time-period or theme with this map, I just know that, it was a popular map when we decided to refine it and it was very rough in it's refinement, so I had to use a flat image and use a lot of magic on it to make it look more presentable to suit D12's newer standards.

If I get the files from my dead computer, I'll post the original for you to see the difference.

The direction for refinement was to only refine the lines, background balance and general overall refinement of the map. The whole original intended design and layout of the map by WCA had to be kept intact. This was actually harder than modifying the map, as I had to remake things almost exactly the same and place them almost exactly in the same place, with no Carte Blanche.

Now I'm back to only having a flat image again, but I think I might have sent a copy of the Layered Photoshop file to Fendi?
If so, perhaps, she could send it back to me by email.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
sfclimbers wrote:
I found this to be ambiguous also. Glad to read the answer. When I was playing, I was too afraid to try it out, since the game was very close.