unlimited adjacent
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
orahman3 wrote:
Would it be possible to introduce a new, hybrid fortification mode: Unlimited Adjacent.

I think it would be the most realistic, as you couldn't fortify long distances in a single turn (as in chained) but would be able to make multiple fortifications simultaneously (as in unlimited). Any thoughts? 
elysium5 wrote:
Not sure how hard this would be from a programming standpoint, or how many things need to be done first from a priority list of things that need to be done before looking at this option but I do like the idea. Especially for those players who like to play 2 player unlimited capital games -you know who you are;) This could make a crazy game like that much more strategic and interesting, as well as adding another dimension to other game set-ups.

I think this could be a good thing to discuss. I like the idea so far without looking too closely. Any pro's and con's anyone would like to point out?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
What is to stop you fortifying from anywhere to anywhere, 1 territory at a time?
I'm not sure if the program keeps track of where you fortified from during the fortification stage, because surely it would have to allow you to change your mind as in normal unlimited chained fortifications.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
jr502 wrote:
maybe someone could change the existing glossary entry:

Unlimited fortifications
A fortification setting that allows you to move as many times as you want between your territories as long as they are touching each other.

to instead say
A fortification setting that allows you to make as many chained fortifications as you wish during one fortification phase
aeronautic wrote:
A valid suggestion.

Best to raise it as a post in the "Suggestions & Feedback" Forum.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
jr502
A fortification setting that allows you to make as many chained fortifications as you wish during one fortification phase
It should be changed now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
God_of_War wrote:
elysium5
Not sure how hard this would be from a programming standpoint, or how many things need to be done first from a priority list of things that need to be done before looking at this option but I do like the idea. Especially for those players who like to play 2 player unlimited capital games -you know who you are;) This could make a crazy game like that much more strategic and interesting, as well as adding another dimension to other game set-ups.

I think this could be a good thing to discuss. I like the idea so far without looking too closely. Any pro's and con's anyone would like to point out?

I don't know who I am.

But I have thought about there being a "pause" period when playing SameTime. For example, when moving troops, you can only do these actions every 5 seconds. When attacking, you only get 1 attack every 3 seconds.

This would give players an opportunity to actually react cause let's me honest, in SameTime Capitals, you can kill 4 caps in about 30 seconds if not faster with quick movements and attacks. 

With this though for sametime, why not provide the ability to switch back and forth between Attack and fortification too? Just add a delay (say 15 seconds) every time you switch modes.

Just throwing ideas at the wall here.

I really enjoy sametime games, but do not enjoy not seeing what is actually happening before it already occurred 10 seconds ago and you can't react at all. The 5+ second delay that there appears to be before seeing updates is (I don't want ot say annoying) but it could use improvement to see the least.
Hi there!