• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
ZenRaider wrote:
Being asked to give password to join a game when already logged in... is this correct?
Cireon wrote:
This is the password for that game, not your account password.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
ZenRaider wrote:
That’s great thanks but how do I find out that password? Doesn’t seem possible as a new player to join any games?
elysium5 wrote:
Password protected games are usually created so a group of friends can play together without outsiders. Or so a layer can invite only the players they want. There are many reasons that this might be the case.

You can create your own games with the settings you chose and do not put a password on them so anyone can join. You can usually also find many open games that do not have password protection.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
ZenRaider wrote:
couldnt see one except for a couple non standard boards but will have another look thanks
GriffinUcos wrote:
Sorry, quote post won't work. @elysium5 - Agreed but we now have 270 protected games out of 317. I'm sure the coffers have been topped up with all these new premium players, but doesn't it take away from the ethos of Dominating 12?
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
dough_boy wrote:
There is a filter to hide them. Honestly, I think that they shouldn't show unless you want them to. If I am going there looking for a game, obviously I won't be joining a game with a password because I don't know it. Maybe by default hide password-protected games, but someone can use the filter to show them.