Awesome journey!
  • 17 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
sfclimbers wrote:
After starting a separate thread expressing my thanks for the site, it was suggested that I post here too. It seems like there has been substantial growth since the last few posts. Active users are regularly over 600 now. I imagine that, like myself, there was a large influx of people that joined when Covid hit. It's a testament to the quality of the site that they have stuck around.

Since the family (adult children) could not get together for a birthday, someone suggested playing risk online to rekindle the competitions of yore. I evaluated a few sites and found this one to best mimic the original board game, which was a key differentiator for us. That was April 2020. We've been playing almost every weekend ever since. We use a separate window for video chat while we're playing. The result is that I see more of my family now than I have in the last 20 years!

I've become more addicted than the rest of the family, playing multiple nights a week. For the most part, it's been enjoyable. Still the occasional immature troll that just wants to throw out tons of profanity on chat. Been hit by cheaters that play together to gang up on the one non gang member. But, that is definitely the minority. The number of regular players that I see far outweigh the spoilers. And, the moderators do a great job about keeping things right.
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
Great topic, here I share my experience .. I have played a risk since I was a child, in recent years there is almost no site I have not tried, D12 came almost at the end because it was not easy to discover the site, I do not know why but it is so I created an account, gave the data by e-mail but I could not deal with some pop up window and my email was not validated, so I gave up.After manny years quite by accident, checking that already neglected email, I came across a message asking me to verify my mail or something, maybe the password change or something like that, which I did and started to discover all parts of the site!! It was not difficult to understand how to navigate. through the site. A bright future is for D12, I hope that more and more smart people will come and play with us.
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”