• 49 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
elysium5 wrote:
gotjack
Your long winded post is utterly underdone by the fact that I have been a premium player, and was a premium paying member when i was 'spamming' the chat about this issue. I stopped my subscription being renewed when you completely pooed pooed the fact the website was dying, and started slandering and misdirecting with posts like the above.

You joined the site 5 and a half years ago and only just bought a 3 month premium membership this last September but you have been spamming the chat since you let it run out so claiming you let it run out because of the response to your claim is, to use your own words, totally inaccurate, slandering and misleading.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Dima wrote:
i think there is something true about what gotjacks says. month ago i have been trying t over and over again to get people join my games, but it was very hard to archieve and in the long run waiting almost every evening for 20-40 mins just to end up not playing at all, because nobody wants to join is very very frustrating. thats why i dont even see a reason to get premium or stuff like that... why? if i was lucky, i got to play like 1-2 live games pro week.....

i rly think you should make some advert for this site, otherwise you will end up as some kind of a "risk-elisitst-avantgarde", a sect consisting of 6 die hard grandpas....

"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
gotjack wrote:
Just because anecdotally there happens to be some games active when i posted (assuming your telling the truth & acknowledging its a festive period so more likely for people to be online) are you trying to claim that the websites live game activity has not been reducing?

You seem to once again be misdirecting.

I imagine you have some stats to hand that show this accurately (eg. monthly live games completed ), rather than plucking out random events.
gotjack wrote:
I have been saying this website is dying for a long time. Regular players will recognise that. People will know i speak the truth
Dima wrote:
Damn, you should become a rhetoric trainer and hold public speaches
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Hoodlum wrote:
is it dwindling? im in 30+ games, always find a live game to play. if i wanna play something over 3 players, then i know i gotta invite some of the homies. no big revelation that it's hard to find players with no jobs, or have a deskjob to be able to sit at a computer for a few hours, but it can be done if you put some effort in. if you invite one player to the site gotjack, i will match your effort. don't forget to use your referral link.
https://dominating12.com/account/referrals
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
gotjack wrote:
Hoodlum, we have spoken about this many times before, so you can attest to the fact I havent just brough this up (as Elysium thinks)

And thanks Dima, Ive always been good at noticing trends and speaking truth to power!
vorple wrote:
When i mentioned google ads, I dont mean to put ads on the site, hell no dont do that. What I mean is literally you can set up a google ad for website traffic and set the target cost per visit to 0.01 cents. And you'd drive a few highly targeted people to the site for literally pennies. Maybe a way to increase traffic if that is your goal. Anyway I love this site, I really like the long term tourneys. I'd be in favor of any changes that increase the total number of long term games one can be in at once as well ;D
Hoodlum wrote:
the multiple and continuing complaints that the websites activity is significantly tailing off are only coming from you gotjack. i can't recall anyone else.
you've kept saying that the reason for inactivity for live games is because of the limited live games freemium players have. that's wrong, which i've explained, but i suppose i will explain it again. 3 live games is quite a few hours, maybe half a days gaming, plus you get the 1v1 extras. no one is leaving the site for good because they can't play a 4th live game in a given day. those are the ones that are coming back, and probably going to purchase premium.
before d12, i was part of the original hasbro risk community back in 1999 with msn games. i remember dozens of games to join, a choice between ranked or non ranked. it was the risk, and risk 2 game which required the CD, it was thriving, and there were dozens of different games other than risk, but basically msn zone was a testing platform for the futuristic nintendo xbox online play and the creator hasbro/deepred created the risk game to play online, and then did nothing at all for updates or the online community..., till risk factions came along many many years laters. in the meantime, browser versions were created, mostly suitable for 24 hour gaming... live online risk probably won't get to those heights again, with xbox, playstation, and the hundreds and thousands of browser, and console games to choose from.
so over the following years before i stumbled on this great place, msn died out, but some diehards risk players including myself, carried on, found a new place to try and play and rebuild the community, and the only way to keep it going was to participate actively as constructive member..in that process, ranking ladders were created, clan communities were formed, and tournaments organized for live games. and this CD game sucked for online stability, so you had to have an honourable reputation as a non quitting player (someone who didn't quit after a few hours).
basically, it takes an effort and you have to do it yourself gotjack. tell people about the site, send game invites, send emails, private message them. do it for yourself otherwise your words are just an eyeroll from me and considered spam after i have already explained all this and given you suggestions on how to get players to join.
you aren't going to find another good place to play live games, because i looked and looked till i found d12 which has it all.
gotjack wrote:
I refer you to my opening post, which continues to go unanswered. Lets stop surmising whether activity has or has not dwindled, and actually check...

Do any of the staff have figures on active users? it appears to be reducing, and to the detriment of the website.

Less players - less games - less fun
Hoodlum wrote:
Yes it has dwindled because you aren't doing anything to help yourself. if i was playing more live games and wanted to play games, then you could ride on my coat tails of bringing in activity for you. how bout that for an answer?
gotjack wrote:
The website has dwindled because I haven't referred anyone? lol k
Hoodlum wrote:
ah your just trolling i see, got me. ok. no more spamming in the lobby about no activity. happy holidays
Dima wrote:
There is a bit of truth in what jack says. I have stoped playing live games because of this. I dont think that its smart to make a polemic discussion and rhetoric compwtition here; it should more about listening to legitimate concerns of some people and not shut them down with polemic responses.

Even if u dont share jacks opinion, you should take it seriously; nobody is trolling, nobody is atacking, so relax.

gotjack wrote:
Thankyou, somebody gets it.

Im not trolling, you asked me to move from the chat to the forum so I did. It just seems you want to misdirect, insult and slander your way out of actually addressing whether the site live game activity is reducing or increasing. It seems to my untrained eye, it is reducing, and that is a shame.