How to know?
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
So... I'm in a map I'm quite new at (first game on the map: Tamriel) and wish to know exactly how everything is connected. Just to prevent getting stuck somewhere when trying to walk over the board.

I've had this before and then 'solved' it by going for a quick 1v1 with someone else who was online. Trial and error to find out what is/n't a viable route.

Is there another means of finding out which territories connect? Most of the time, it is quite straight forward - but not always.

Thx!

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
i still get confused with this map too. here ya go still probably confusing
Tamriel Adjacents (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
i still get confused with this map too. here ya go still probably confusing
Tamriel Adjacents (click to show)

Thx! It does indeed remain a lil' confusing :P but sure helps!
Are such pictures available for all maps? Could they perhaps get linked to all the maps - e.g. at the Create game page? Or perhaps create a STICKY (& locked?) topic in the MAP CREATION forum in which these pictures get shared for all the maps? (edit whenever a new map is available - sort alphabetically?)

In the meanwhile, I've already set up a testcase: https://dominating12.com/game/939983
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
farspaceplace wrote:
i think World Inverted is unclear in 2 points:
1:MAPS and lifeinpixels are "supposedly" connected as i read in map forums, but its really hard to see, in the final version. Mind it didnt matter at all in the game for me though, so no sweat. Also MAPS is not connected to Barlak? or what?
2: No 27# is part of the green circle of isles i presume. Again hard too see when its close to the grey tert w similar color - simply because the ring with troop count in it fills a big part of #27. Im not colorblind, but i swear i really couldnt tell if it was the green or grey for sure. 
Matty wrote:
This is currently only available from the mappanel, not yet in game.
It's on my list, but currently other things are more important.

But yeah, one of the cartographers (or admins) can easily take a screenshot and post it here, so if you need it for a map, you can just ask.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
This is currently only available from the mappanel, not yet in game.
It's on my list, but currently other things are more important.

But yeah, one of the cartographers (or admins) can easily take a screenshot and post it here, so if you need it for a map, you can just ask.

Aaaight, I'll keep that in mind and be sure to just ask whenever in "need" =)

As you mention it's on your list - does that mean implementing the thingy from dough_boy (I think I've seen his script/program, just didn't get around to install the plug-in, or w/e it exactly was... looked neat/useful though!)? Or something else?

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
I don't know exactly what dough_boy has, but it'll probably be a button on in that top left menu (where you can choose map size).
Then after that button you'd click a territory and it shows you the adjacensies of that territory (to and from, in case of the napoleon map).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
AlexCheckMate
[As you mention it's on your list - does that mean implementing the thingy from dough_boy (I think I've seen his script/program, just didn't get around to install the plug-in, or w/e it exactly was... looked neat/useful though!)? Or something else?

My tool allows me to double click on a territory to highlight the adjacent/connecting territories. Double click it again and they unhighlight. In the image below I double clicked on S. Europe.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/gSJzJfC/dblclick.jpg[/img]
aeronautic wrote:
Im not colorblind, but i swear i really couldnt tell if it was the green or grey for sure.
For me it looks clearly distinctive, but I notice that the two colours are very similar tones, which means that if your monitor colour is set up with minimum saturation, it would be difficult to distinguish the two colours.

World Inverted Connections (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
Is the upper right name really AlberEinstein, or is it supposed to be AlbertEinstein? I can find the later when trying to send a message, not the former (with the missing T).
AlexCheckMate wrote:
dough_boy
Is the upper right name really AlberEinstein, or is it supposed to be AlbertEinstein? I can find the later when trying to send a message, not the former (with the missing T).

Keen eye!
Obviously a mistake (which has been corrected for already):

This is how the map looks like when playing it (note correct spelling):

map (click to show)

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
ah thanks dough. i had recently redid the labels.. there was actually two alphax211 for quite a long time and no one noticed. i also changed lionesse to koe_kittykat
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
No worries. I was looking at some of the smaller territories and they will require a winners name who is likely shorter. Wonder if some of those on the map would mind moving if we need to make room for a longer name?
aeronautic wrote:
I don't think that would be a problem. It matters not where player's name is, in most cases, apart from those who also give their name to a body of water.

I just notice something weird. From Leedog down to nikeboix69, it looks almost identical to the Atlantis map, without the city and rivers.
Hmm! perhaps that's where it is, just off the west coast of South America, under the ocean. But then, it should have been called Pacifis. :P
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.