Some guy uses "wild cards" to make sets.
  • 22 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
AlexCheckMate wrote:
armstrong101
Another Q.

Is a card given for conquering a neutral territory?

Yes.

A card is obtained at the end of every turn, IF and only IF you have conquered a territory. Whether this territory was from an opponent or a neutral does not make a difference.

*edit:

Games played   54
Games (won / lost)   30 / 24
Games resigned   0
Turns (missed / taken)   0 / 312

I'm fine with you asking all the questions you like! However, I have a question in return for you - in all these games you played thus far; have you not had a situation in which you only just conquered a neutral territory? :p Feel free to just test a thing or two - it doesn't have to have a negative influence and stuff you 'learn' in that manner sticks around much longer/better ^^

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
armstrong101 wrote:
>I'm fine with you asking all the questions you like! However, I have a question in return for you - in all these games you played thus far; have you not had a situation in which you only just conquered a neutral territory?

I'm not sure. I just "avoid" only attacking a neutral territory in a turn because (1) I thought you don't get a card for that and (2) it weakens myself but not my opponent. It is entirely likely I have not "only" attacked a neutral territory in a turn.

Not trying to have too many questions here. I've been on a few sites and they all play a bit differently with slightly different rules. So coming in, there's a bit of a learning curve.
What am I on? I'm on my bike.
armstrong101 wrote:
I'll also say that in optimal gameplay, I wouldn't "experiment" a round just to see if I got a card attacking a neutral. I'd prefer to ask the question here :)
What am I on? I'm on my bike.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Like I said - I'm completely fine with you asking all the questions you like - it was not intended to mock you or anything like that.
I agree, attacking ONLY a neutral territory in a tun is in most situations not the best game play decision you can make. However, you could rather easily test a thing or two in a game after it's already clear that you have won and can not lose (unless you start playing like a total tool :p) - or you could play a test game (ask an admin to restore statistics afterwards).

Anyway, I'm totally in favour of asking/learning/exploring - keep it up! :D I'll never be overwhelmed by your questions - I greet them with great pleasure!

My first topic/question/search for knowledge was rather similar to yours, I suppose: https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/3078/inner-workings-of-the-game-engine - also started just after a week of showing up here ;d Didn't know much about the topic, but did some trial/error/data gathering and finally decided to just try and piece it together by just asking the staff, served me well! =)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
@armstrong101 Welcome to D12.
If you have any questions that need answering by a member of staff, you can Private Message them and there is also a Q&A in the forum.
Staff link: https://dominating12.com/index.php/tutorial/staff
Q&A link: https://dominating12.com/index.php/forums/2/general-discussion/2316/questions-amp-answers-qampa?page=9

The colour of all cards is preset when a map is made and every territory has it's own colour card associated with it.
The number of Black Wild cards is determined by the total number of territories for each map.
Every territory you conquer, be it neutral or occupied by a player, will give you a card when you finish your turn.
You can exchange cards before your turn if you have either 3 all the same colour or 3 all different colour and of course Black Cards are Wild and can be any colour you wish to make a set.
When you kill a player, i.e. take all of their territories, you get to keep whatever cards they have, but you have to have at least 5 cards in total at the end of your turn, if you wish to exchange them for the current value of extra troops and continue attacking.

There is lots more information about cards in the forums and some links to these pages earlier in this thread.
I hope this is enough information to be going on with for now.

Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.