Do they ever get under way?
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
flexmaster33 wrote:
Geesh, I signed up for a tourney a month ago, and it's still in the sigh-ups stage.
Do tourneys ever happen on here or what?
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Geesh, no patience/other means of inquiring, other than publicly bashing?

On this page you can see previous/ongoing and planned tournaments: https://dominating12.com/tournaments
In my eyes, this reflects a pretty decent/healthy/normal/good amount of tournaments going on (I've participated in 2, never had to wait more than a week to see them get started. I've only been around since start of January this year. Could've played more if I signed up for more).

The 'problem' is, that just setting a tournament up is 'easy' - in the sense, you, yourself, have it fully in control - you just do it.
To however LAUNCH said tourney, you need to get enough participants, without them, it'll be rather hard to get the tournament started...... that said, you appear to be slightly unlucky to have signed up for a tourney that thus far has not yet received enough subscriptions to get airborne.

Now, what can you do?
ADVERTISE! Either by people that are already on this website and didn't sign up yet for the tournament => make them enthusiastic, get them to sign up. Or by other people, to get them to sign up for this website AND for the tournament (or maybe another one, a bit later down the road - who knows).
Or, just stay more patient.....

Please don't take my post to be condescending to you, it's just my vision. The way you vent your issue isn't constructive at all, other than perhaps some frustration/stress release for you, but at the same time probably building up on F/S at others ;) What you actually wish to achieve, is to play in a tourney ASAP - put some energy in trying to obtain that goal. Even if it fails, (but I think you'll succeed :)) you'll feel better knowing that you tried.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
feel free to promote any of the tournaments flex, i know you have experience :D

https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/2347/usa-tournament-1-of-25-players/post/36520#post-36520
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman