Terrible flaw cost me everything
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Coventry wrote:
This is the game... https://dominating12.com/game/902700

In my last round, I had 5 cards. I turned in a set to get 35 + my 5 giving me 50 because I already had 10 in China. The orange player had only 11 troops left. He had 3 cards. It was my plan to take him out, take his three cards. EASILY take out Joeyseven take his three cards then take out pieguy get his three cards and finally dumbplay.

BUT, this is what happened...

I clicked to gain my set of cards and it deployed them in China. THEN, it automatically jumped back to TURN IN CARDS! But I only had 2 cards. I tried to make that go away, clicked skip this set. still there clicked turn in cards still there. so I REFRESHED the screen.

AFTER the screen refreshed it said END TURN! I was never given any chance to attack anyone and lost my turn.

THEN I called for admin.

PieGuy who was very honest said I should get the win and skipped his turn.
Joeyseven, not so honorable tried to take out orange and failed. Then DumbPlay took him out and took everyones elses cards as I should have been allowed to do and DumbPlay took the victory.

I lost 20 points in a game where I should have won 80 or 90 because all the players had higher rating than me.

Can you help me please get what I deserved from that game?

Thank you.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
All I can see is the game log, which looks completely normal, suggesting a mere misclick (clicked End Attack Phase instead of Attack)...

But I am guessing you're not just completely making this up haha and I want to believe you. I'm not an admin by the way, I just wanted to give my small input. :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Coventry wrote:
The please read the chat log as it unfolded too. Especially the input from PieGuy.
It happened precisely as I stated it in the order I stated it.

Look at the time gaps... You really think it took me a minute and a half to put down my troops into one territory and then end my turn??? You REALLY believe that? Look at the chat log also and match the times.

27 [/b]Mar, 03:02:32 Coventry ended the turn.
Mar, 03:01:17 China (Coventry) was reinforced by Coventry with 40 troops.
27 Mar, 03:01:12 Coventry received 35 troops for turning in cards Peru, China, and Siam.
27 Mar, 03:01:12 Coventry received 2 troops on Siam
27 Mar, 03:01:12 Coventry received 2 troops on China
27 Mar, 03:01:04 Coventry received 2 troops for holding Australia.
27 Mar, 03:01:04 Coventry received 3 troops for 6 territories.
Mar, 03:01:04 Coventry started the turn.

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Virtuosity98
I'm not an admin by the way, I just wanted to give my small input. :)
Coventry
Why not just leave this one up to the admins to investigate. Thanks.
Wow, just trying to help :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Fendi wrote:
Thank you Virtuosity98 for your help.

@ Coventry- Virtuosity98 may not be an admin, but he is a Game attendant and has done exactly what game attendants do. Help admins with game reviews among other things
Coventry wrote:
Fendi, is an admin going to look into this game for me? I'm not trying to rush anyone. I just do not know what to do next.
dough_boy wrote:
I am not sure what they could do other than possibly "refund" everything. In the future if it happens NEVER agree to end the turn...and instead wait for someone to look into it.
dough_boy is online.
Coventry wrote:
Thank you doughboy. How can I NOT end the turn? I do not know how to do that? I did request an admin many times but it must have been a busy night. so did PieGuy.
dough_boy wrote:
Only one proper way, but if you ever notice something amiss...don't click on stuff and just wait for help.

Even game attendants couldn't help with it so it would have to sit and wait.
dough_boy is online.
maafi wrote:
There really isn’t much that can be done in this situation. It’s just one of those things that happens.
I’m sorry that admin weren’t around when you needed us. But if I had been around I would have said that it’s impossible to see exactly what happened and that, unless everyone wanted the game to be ended, that you should just play on.

There’s no reason to reply but if you feel compelled to, send me a pm rather than using the forums for stuff like this.

Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Coventry wrote:
Fair enough sir. Thank you for listening to me and hearing me out. I wrote doughboy to ask how in the future I can not end my turn while waiting for an admin. I would like t know that.
Hoodlum wrote:
most of the time a refresh fixes everything. including this returning card pop up which i get a lot myself. i've played 31260 games and there's never been a situation where it's never let me attack except for the old sametime glitches where i just missed out on a whole turn.. which are fixed now.

i think you have accidentally ended attack phase while trying to get rid of the card pop up. BUT that's no big deal because you can return to attack phase. the button is up top on the left.
the only time you get the END TURN phase prompt is while you are in fortification phase. If it's a chained fortification game, then it automatically ends turn after you fortify.
There will always be a Back to Attack Phase top left. with the End Turn button top right, during a chained fortification game.

Note: unlimited fortification, you can't go back to attack phase if you have already fortified once

when you play your next game, check it out.

The only glitch in this is the card pop up box that re-appears after you've selected it. It's annoying, but a refresh, as you did, fixes it. I've ignored giving feedback for it, because I assume it's my connection which is laggy and no-one else has mentioned it besides now..
The programmers rarely play live games, so they won't experience it themselves, so your post is still helpful, as I concur with this pop up glitch
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Coventry wrote:
WOW! THANK YOU HOODLUM!!! I think you are absolutely correct!!! So much information you just gave. You KNOW that is going to be the first thing I check for in my next game LOL. Thank you again.