What is out there?
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Statistics/numbers tickle me.

About two weeks ago, around the publication of D12 - https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12/2019-03-08%2009:44:39, I had a chat with slackbatter concerning what statistics do get tracked somewhere here on dominating12. For example, he mentioned his highest ever rating should be around ~7500 (but he doesn't recall whether it was ever over it? - assumes it never has been): https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12/2016-04-16%2020:00:06 (7472 there). Now my question would be, does this website store such data somewhere? Is it known who had the highest rating ever and how much it was? Are there other things tracked, which are (currently) not shown on your own stats sheet? E.g. a more detailed breakdown in your wins and losses (in what game type you have what; e.g. 60% victory in 1v1 and 30% victory in 6p game - perhaps even further broken down to 80% of those 30% in caps, 10% in dm and 10% in assassination, etc). In case these are tracked, would it be cool to have an exploded view of your stats in which these are shown? If they're not tracked, would it be much effort to get them tracked?

Thanks for the input! =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
i think you have one of the highest stats for messages. already closing in on the all time top messengers in only your 3 months + since joining the site...i added the + because
i didn't want to just say 3 months, as you might correct me and say 3 months 13 days 4 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds daylight savings time Pacific time.
you can just reply with an lol.

edit
and no i don't have list of players that message the most.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
i think you have one of the highest stats for messages. already closing in on the all time top messengers in only your 3 months + since joining the site...i added the + because
i didn't want to just say 3 months, as you might correct me and say 3 months 13 days 4 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds daylight savings time Pacific time.
you can just reply with an lol.

edit
and no i don't have list of players that message the most.

Eeehm....... it's actually less than 3 months..... so that's not so much a lol, but more an 'OOPS' :p

Join date:   07 Jan 2019 - normally I'd say typo... but considering you put quite a bit of effort in it.... it's an odd mistake? Change the 3 to a 2 :p
Furthermore, if you have it easily available, I'd love to see those stats on messages too! //Yes, I did read the iltalics part - but maybe you have something else that's in a way interesting with respect to messages ;d (and do you actually mean messages, or posts in the forum?)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Yes and no. We do have an event log for all rating changes, but it's not optimized to get these kind of statistics out of there. While in theory it would be possible, it would also be really, really slow.
Try loading the statistics page for hoodlum (with over 30 thousend games played o_O) and wait untill it loads. Then do that for every other player on the site. That's about how slow it would be :)

Edit: in case you didn't know, this is your statistics page
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
A historically-optimised stats page would be awesome. But yes not entirely necessary and probably difficult to achieve.

Matty
Yes and no. We do have an event log for all rating changes, but it's not optimized to get these kind of statistics out of there. While in theory it would be possible, it would also be really, really slow.
Try loading the statistics page for hoodlum (with over 30 thousend games played o_O) and wait untill it loads. Then do that for every other player on the site. That's about how slow it would be :)
But I heard 5G is coming to solve all of our 1st-world problems :D

Matty
Edit: in case you didn't know, this is your statistics page
I'm sure he knew ;)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
5g may (or may not) make your internet connection faster, but it won't help the server doing hard calculations.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Matty
5g may (or may not) make your internet connection faster, but it won't help the server doing hard calculations.
What?? But the Internet told me [insert any piece of technology here] would solve all of my problems! :(
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Figured I wanted to leave an update for myself, if at a certain point in time maybe more statistics get released and I'd want to analyse some stuff.
Winpercentage just under 50% (49.82). Would be pretty sweet if I would win my next 2 games (to get 50%) and play 22 turns by then (get 5555 turns taken).

My stats on January 19th, 2020 (click to show)

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Oh wow, that's really good (unless you only play 1v1 games ofcourse, but you don't).