Admin Ending Game
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Blizzard wrote:
I saw an invite to game 841010 in the chat of a game I was playing in but never ended up joining. I later clicked on the finished game and I saw an ending I’ve never seen before and it was baffling enough to make this post.

Player Whatmough was running the table and first defeated pengyking. He then turned in for 30 troops and defeated Aeronautic, who had about 9 territories with about 24 troops. He turned in for 35 troops.

Next he killed 6 territories with about 20 troops of Supreme_Leader and ended turn.

Supreme killed 4 territories on his turn.

Whatmough then turned in for 40 troops and received another 40 for territories. He killed Supreme’s 7 territories which had 12 troops and left Supreme with one territory holding 2 troops and two cards. Supreme then missed his turn, assuming Whatmough finished him off, and extra time was awarded to him by an admin in case he was able to come back to the game and to avoid losing reputation points, which is totally understandable. Whatmough then missed his own turn, probably because he thought the game was over as well.

Then here comes the baffling part. An admin decides that the game is cancelled and no points are awarded because Whatmough was deemed not playing to win. Please remember that Supreme had no chance to turn in and the max troops he could add was 3. So he would have 5 troops blocked in by four territories each holding 20 or more troops. Maybe Whatmough made an honest mistake and then thought the game was over, he only didn’t kill Supreme on one turn. If he was really being an @$$, he wouldn’t have missed his last turn.

So my question is this, has this player done something in the past that the admins are unhappy with? We’re admins too quick to pull the trigger on what could be an honest mistake? I have no direct skin in this game, i just don’t want to be caught in the same situation and risk losing points for making honest mistakes.

TIA!

POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS!! Keep it positive [/quote]
Hoodlum wrote:
So my question is this, has this player done something in the past that the admins are unhappy with?
whatmough hasn't done anything in the past and I like him. not that that matters at all. You only have to look at the board game to see what's happening. it isn't an unlimited fortification where he missed supreme_leader by 2 and then surround him. Whatmough had more than enough to finish the game. This is deliberate poor sportsmanship that isn't tolerated on this site and hopefully a lessoned learned.
We’re admins too quick to pull the trigger on what could be an honest mistake?
not in this case. what's happening here is transparent.
I have no direct skin in this game, i just don’t want to be caught in the same situation and risk losing points for making honest mistakes.
don't do what whatmough did here. gl
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Just to add my player point of view, I no longer care for points, I only like to see a nice well won game.
Whatmough was online and active every few seconds after he left the game for at least another hour and he didn't reply to my PM to return to the game and finish the win, nor has he replied to my PM at all to date.

The bottom line is, every time a player doesn't finish the win and the opponent leaves, they both get missed turns that affects their reputation scores, which in some cases could lead to restricted play for an innocent party.

Hood was quite right in cancelling the game to stop the missed turns from worsening their rep' scores and if you or anyone would like, I will gladly still give my intended lost points to Whatmough, on the condition that he stops deliberately hurting players rep' scores for the sake of finishing the win, not until then, so as not to reward bad sportsmanship.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.