New Option?
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
1771 wrote:
I have proposed an ideal of secret forces to 4mygod. How it plays at the beginning of the game after all territories have been chosen, you would choose one territory for you to place 10 secret troops if someone then attacks that territory they then get ambushed by your 10 secret forces forcing them to attack you atleast once. at this time and only at this time those secret forces then become regular troops allowing them to move around as your other troops. Your secret forces have to remain locked at the territory you chose from the beginning of the game until they are attacked. I promise you all that it adds a very interesting twist to the game, i've played it for years with many different people and everyone i've ever played with loves it. Not to mention this will be the only risk site with that option because it is a way of playing that only me and my circle of friends have played. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Seph wrote:
I think it is the best idea i have ever heard!!! or at leat 2nd :)
rubntug wrote:
I like the idea, and naturally questions come into play--for example, would these 10 troops be added to the 3 that accompany a territory already?? Which in turn would make it a ''secret 13'' How would it work as too the troops being invisible? I understand the concept, just not exactly sure of the procedure once you run into this Secret troop. For example let's say i have a 8 stack Western Aussie, my intent was to take the bonus, I attack from Western Aussie with an 8 to eastern Aussie because there is only a 3 there----so once i attack, from out of nowhere the 3 turns into a 13 or an 11 assuming both attacking dice were winners---which in turn would leave either 13-6 or 11-8 or 12-7(all 3 rolling possibilities) This sure would be an interesting game mode indeed. If played with unlimited forts i could see a strategy behind it but chained forts would be nothing more than mere game of chance because when you run into these stacks and if your heavily out numbered it would be the end of the game for that player. In closing i am curious about the idea, but with guidelines.
1771 wrote:
if you have 3 there then the 3 would indeed become 13 but your opponent wouldn't know about the extra 10 until they attacked if they did attack they would have to fight you atleast once and if you both rolled double sixes then the win would go to the defender as always at that point it is then the attackers decision to whether or not to attack again, it does make it interesting and with any style reinforcements it is about the tactics one uses. Did that help to answer your question?
rgenandt wrote:
I like the idea, fun twist to add - I need to look through some of the other posts too, I think I saw a couple of other good ideas I liked.
k0canada613 wrote:
good idea 4mygod should make a dif game type like there capitas and this can be secrect force or something :P
ARMAS wrote:
This is a great idea, as any avid strategy fan knows there is nothing more satisfing that watching your opponent attack what seems to be a small defenceless force and finding the defenders ready to repel them.
thaithai wrote:
i don't know.how many territory u can hide 10 stroop.if we apply this .i think all player will def .how about game log?
1771 wrote:
you will only be allowed one secret force of 10 armies on one territory at the very beginning of the game.
1771 wrote:
Thank you for your comment, and to answer your question a player only gets one territory at the very beginning of the game to place their secret force on and it can not be moved. the only time it can be moved is after it is attacked then it can be used as regular troops, so once it is attacked that is the end of that players secret forces everyone is only allowed one. I will give you a good scenerio lets say you place your secret force in congo on and a few turns have passed so you no longer have the 3 initial troops there you only have 1 showing but in reality you know with your secret force there is 11 there. now its your opponents turn and hes looking for an easy card he sees your 1 in congo and decides to attack it for the easy card so he puts 4 next to it and attacks BAM hes been hit by your ambush of secret forces and your1 becomes 11 he has to attack you one time and now maybe he has no where to get card because of your secret force. Now your turn comes around and you can use those 11 men to do whatever you like just like your regular troops, possibly using them to take over africa. Sounds pretty cool,huh? I could give you more scenerios using them for different strategies if you like?
1771 wrote:
Just wanted to put this up again...was a cool option and I have played this way many times on the board...SUPER FUN!!!
Vexer wrote:
oh, i'm sure we will get to this eventually.

here's the current priority list for new game options:

1. Team Games
2. Capped Cards
3. debug same time games
4. Advanced Dice
5. Kings

though they won't get done in that order cause some are easier to do than others.
Matty wrote:
The thing is that now I think about it, secret forces could be relatively easy to implement.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
1771 wrote:
Matty as fast as you put together the last option I have full faith in your powers. You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!