Tournament
  • 323 posts
  • Page 20 of 22
Clarke wrote:
I am a data analyst by profession. Using this tournament as a data set, I am curious what percentage of the games are won by the person who goes first in the game. In my first round, the player who had the first turn won 4 out of 5 games. How did it go in your games (speaking to everyone else)?
Clarke wrote:
Thanks Hoodlum!
In the data you provided from the last tournament, 68.3% of the winners went first and 31.7% went second.
Also, the player who got to go first in the majority of the games in a series won that series 71.4% of the time.
I will do a similar analysis after this tourney is over since we are now doing 5 game series instead of 3 game series.
dough_boy wrote:
I know you can't easily tell, but I would venture to guess those that went second that won likely had a much better drop. There was a game I was in where the other person had SA and Africa from the drop and my armies were all blocked by neutrals.
dough_boy is online.
Blizzard wrote:
@Clarke - It’s interesting that in your second round match-up you went first all 5 times!!! That said, wth happened in those games???

Is it possible for future events that we can at least guarantee that it’s 3-2 on who goes first??

Also, I have an idea for 1v1 games in general. Whoever goes first, does another get a card regardless of what they do, I bet that would balance it out.
POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS!! Keep it positive [/quote]
Hoodlum wrote:
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Double Elimination 1v1 DeathMatch Tournament. Hoodlum Donating 5000 tokens to winner.
# of players depends on interest.

example bracket

There will be 5 games each per opponent for each round. The winner moves on when he/she wins 3 outta 5. I (organizer) will add you manually to games, and adjust results.

Entry conditions. All players allowed to join the tournament, Just say you are in. high attendance reputation will get priority to secure spots if the situation arises of last spots.. I (organizer) will add you manually to games, and adjust results.

Entry conditions. All players allowed to join the tournament, Just say you are in. high attendance reputation will get priority to secure spots if the situation arises of last spots.

Game Links (click to show)

Participants

seeds will be shuffled at start of tournament
01. @Hoodlum
02. @KoE_Doja
03 @allthingsmustpass
04 @dough_boy
05 @gotjack
06 @GM_Archiee
07 @Valhalla
08 @superdovla
09 @cawtey101