• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
I understand I can see the ranking badges, but why can I not easily see the "ratings" of people? For instance I can only appear to see mine on the "Upgrades" page. Someone could technically still have a Private ranking, but a 5000 rating. Shouldn't we be able to hover over someone's ranking badge and see what their actual rating is?

Also, why can I not filter games that are available for my rating? I would think that I shouldn't be shown games I don't qualify for. This would me no games if I am not rated high enough, or no games that I haven't purchased the upgrades (e.g. Fog of War).
Babudji wrote:
Hey,

The ranking list is updated every x months:
https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12

You can manually filter the games if you press 'show filter' (e.g. fog of war).
Hovering over the rating requirement icon will show you what the rating requirement is.
Matty wrote:
Hmmm, so I was going to answer: "There are not that many games with rating requirements, so it's not really necessary", but then currently there are quite a lot.

Indeed, you can just filter out fog games if you don't want to see them. I won't filter them out completely or by default, simply because seeing the games in a list is a good way for people to know that there are other game modes as well, and that they can be loads of fun too ;)

Yup, we do publish the rating of people about every two to three months (the ideal is one month after a dominator game finishes). Whether or not we should make a person's rating publicely visible, or force people to show their real rank on their profile is a long going discussion. Maybe we'll get automatic ranks at some point, I'm not as against them anymore as I once was (partly because you can now choose to hide them in game whenever you want), but I don't really feel for implementing it right now.

So yeah, I added the rating filter on a todo list somewhere, which means we'll get it :)
Not anywhere close though, as there are some more important things to do first, and not a lot of time (or programmers).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Just wanted to bump this up again. Using the filtering I still have to manually hover over the rating to see if I qualify. Should just not ever show me games I don't qualify for.

Currently on the filter I ran I have 68 of 110 games showing. BUT 76% of these 68 require a certain rating...which I might or might not qualify for.
Cireon wrote:
The filtering only filters duplicate iirc. We should change the wording on that.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
Ok...that is fine. I still shouldn't be offered any games that I am not qualified for...
Matty wrote:
I added a filter on the lobby, checked by default to exclude games that have rating limits outside your rating.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
It's still a bit odd that we show this icon even if we have access to the game:

[image]

Maybe we should make it semi-transparent if you can join, and full black if you can't?

Nice change otherwise :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
I guess that works. There are still games I am qualified to participate in (have a minimum of 1350) but if I choose the "filter" they are then hidden. Really I was asking for the lobby to only show me games that I am qualified for...
dough_boy wrote:
Oh...nevermind. I guess it is hiding things I am not qualified for. I just need to realize that when checked any game that is still visible I can participate in.