Draws......
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
pekiha wrote:
What is happening?
In some games we cant see our opponent and # of troops as well as cannot attack. So these games become a draw.
Any explainations?
Matty wrote:
I don't really know.

Somewhere thursday something got wrong, but I didn't know what exactly and was too tired to figure out. Then Cireon changed some configuration and it seemed to fix things, but I don't exactly know what he changed. He didn't change any code, so it's really weird why things broke all of a sudden.

Technically there seem to have happened two things:
- Cards were not always given (that's a bit unfair, but games can go on).
- Too much troops moved. So if you conquered a territory, sometimes all troops moved, leaving 0 troops behind (which is why you didn't see any troops, and you couldn't attack them). This is not easy to fix, so these games had to be ended. Otherwise they'd just crash in the end...

Maybe @Cireon can tell us more?

I just played some test games, but stuff seems to be working just fine again now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I only updated some dependencies our site relies on. I haven't touched any code. The only thing that changed is that some of the refactored code was added to the site so if there are errors in that, that might cause trouble, but those are not written by me :P
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
The point is that I added them after the crashes, so they couldn't have caused it ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria