1 and counting
  • 20 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
farspaceplace wrote:
Most maps have 2 and some 3 wild cards.
Here´s the questions (in a standard up to 5 cards hand):

a)  have you ever had more than 1 wild card in a hand?

b)  have you ever used more than 1 wild card in a turn in?

Personally i dont recall possessing more than 1 wild card in a hand ever. (The exception of course may have been in a 6+ cards scenario, but even then im not certain, although possible.)
Hoodlum wrote:
yes. had 2 today in my most recent game had 2 wild cards in the hand

http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=588528

game was resigned before I got to use the second one. so ya can't see it being played.

I think I have played 2 wild cards before though
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
emjaydee wrote:
I've had two in a hand, and I've turned both in at the same time (Caps game and turn-in was 30 - wouldn't have survived without trading).
Matty wrote:
I know I had once when I was holding 7 cards (after a kill), so I had a double turn in, first thraded the colours (not sure what they were), and then traded in two colours and a wild. Obviously I kept the last wild for the next turn.

But that's quite a while back.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
4960epic wrote:
i had 3 wilds once upon a time. lol Realm of honored players i think it was. ended up using them in all separate turn ins. game stalemated
aeronautic wrote:
I had the first 2 cards as wild cards once.
Ironically, I had to use one on each of the first two turn-ins... had no set without a wild first time and the same the second time (2 pairs + wild), that one was both lucky & unlucky at the same time.
Also because it was the first two turn-ins, I had no wild to hold onto for tactics and it put them both in the discarded cards pile until all the cards were used up, so effectively out of the game.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
supiachao wrote:
I remember some long time ago I get two wild card, in the first two round of the game in world classic. I dunno what is the odd for that but that was really cool.

Got two wild cards many times after kill, the odd is higher if I have one wild.
Hoodlum wrote:
today had two wilds twice..different games first rounds
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
:):):) For the first time I turned 3 wild cards in !!!

Look this! (click to show)
What is funny is that I started my turn without wilds, just got all them on the road and... I didn't really need any to win that game!
This is my Royal Flush at Dominating12!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Ok, that is just overkill. Too awesome!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
And in the end he had an extra turn in in hand... I used the pic for fixing that mistake in territory name, thanks Bishop!
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
@Psy, I noticed that! It was a lagged/bugged moment really, so I didn't know if it was a persistent mistake or what else.

Really I had in my hand 3 blacks and 2 reds, so I didn't think at any colours,
it seemed just logical to turn 3 blacks in, like it was a normal colour in the deck!

[image]
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Robinette wrote:
I had 2 wilds in my hand for the first time...
The first wild has been with me for awhile, but was forced to use one of them to cash since timing required a 4 card cash...
I am still holding the other wild, ending my turn with 5 cards, and won't need to use it next turn...
This should assure victory if comes down to the cards later...

https://dominating12.com/index.php/game/658749

Funny thing is, I only found this thread as I wanted to know if there were only 2 wilds in a classic deck...
Means nobody is currently holding a wild except me :)
aeronautic wrote:
Nice, but I don't think it's wise to publicise your cards whilst the game is still in play.
I don't think it will matter much as you seem to be in the dominating position, but it might.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.