What is it?
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
PsymonStark wrote:
Something that you have to click to actually resign, so you don't do it by mistake.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
If you click "Resign" by accident, let's say for example, you wanted to Add Time or use Vacation Mode for extra time and you hit Resign instead, previously you would have been instantly booted from a game you could possibly have been winning, but now you have to click a confirmation box "I'm Sure" before you can resign.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Really? Then something went wrong!

Be patient, our programmers are very busy doing a Lot of things.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
First, please explain How you can resign without checking the box?
Do you mean that you become resigned even if you don't check it, or do you mean you do something else and you then become resigned?

If it's the latter and by just going back to the Options Tab and selecting your intended button stops you resigning, then I'd say the Warning Box has done it's job by stopping an instant resignation.

I'm guessing you are able to Resign without checking the box, by clicking on "Resign" again?!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
The checkbox does nothing at all, only enabling disabling a button.

You can of course modify the button by modifying your html, that's no problem. However, when the page loads, it should disable the button by default. If not, maybe press Ctrl-F5 and then it should.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
I'm experiencing a problem with being able to resign without enabling the resign button, after I have used it once, and I am using it a bit because I play quite a few 2p games, a lot being same time mode. it defaults to not needing to enable it, after you have used it once. To reset it back to requiring it to be enabled, I have to cntrl-f5 Of course, I'd prefer to not do this everytime, because the purpose of it for me is so that i dont accidently press resign, when I am trying to add time in a hectic sametime game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Yes I have this problem also, where the check box does not appear to reset once it has been checked even if it was 100 games ago. I've resigned 11 times and have only had to check it once.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
Matty wrote:
Sooo, does it not reset once you have used it before IN THE SAME GAME?
This I can see why it happends and (thus) I can fix it.

Or does it not need to be checked even if you have used it before IN ANOTHER GAME, or equally weird, AFTER REFRESH?

Because, from a programmers perspective, these are completely different things, and I'm not sure which ppl mean.

Also, is it after using the checkbox? Or after using the button (and thus actually resigning)?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
it does not need to be checked after being used in another game. after a refresh it goes back to needing to be checked (back to how it's meant to be)

Also, is it after using the checkbox? Or after using the button (and thus actually resigning)?

not to sure

Matty wrote:
But... in order to open another game, you pretty much need to open another page, which is pretty much the same as a refresh...

I really don't get this.
Matty wrote:
Aaaaaah.

Joining a game enables the resign button, rather than the resign checkbox (if you are not joined, you can't resign of course, so it has to be enabled there).

Sigh, fixed.
Hoodlum wrote:
fixed? good work. probably should have mentioned it earlier..wasn't sure if others were experiencing the same thing..

thanks matty. good feedback ya'll