• 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
maximum wrote:
I noticed that on the forum pages, Chrome says it blocked Flash Player (I have click-to-play settings in effect). For what reason would flash player be running?
aeronautic wrote:
Perhaps a post that someone made on the forum which links to something on the Internet which requires Flash Player.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
maximum wrote:
Nope. It shows on every forum page including this one and the index.
aeronautic wrote:
The programmers will know why, no doubt one of them will read this soon.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I think it's because of the youtube video in the BB-code description.

But I'm not 100% sure to be honest.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Sygmassacre wrote:
I don't have flash on my lumia 710 and it never does it to me
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Cireon wrote:
I am reasonably sure the Youtube player is no longer Flash, but I can look it up. Other than that, there shouldn't be a Flash player running. I just checked the source of the forum frontpage and there is no evidence that there is one, so maybe you should make sure you don't have malicious software installed in your browser that inserts bad code into web pages, since you appear to be the only one affected as of now.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Youtube still does use flashplayer, but no longer as it's main display option for as far as I know.

And sometimes just before my flasgh player updates I get a warning for some forum pages as well - pretty sure my laptop is virus free.
(Edit: It has been a while since I've seen this for the last time though).

Either way: there is no reason for the D12 forum to run flash on every page, just block it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maximum wrote:
Now it disappeared. Did the programmers make any changes?

(BTW I am almost certain that my computer doesn't have any browser hijackers installed.)
Matty wrote:
I did make a change, but that wasn't related to the forum at all (a small mod to the game code to allow for a color blind hover for the cards).
Hoodlum wrote:
I get this message (forums only) when I'm logged into d12 from the library

Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date.

using google chrome
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman