tournament play...
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
flexmaster33 wrote:
I'm a long-time tourney organizer on another site, what requirements are in effect for beginning a tournament here at Dominating12?
Hoodlum wrote:
Hi flex, you can set up a tournament on d12.
As VEXER (programmer) mentioned,
Vexer - Aug 7, 03:34 AM
Hello flexmaster33. Nice to see another player from Portland :). We will get more tournaments going once we write some code to automate the tournament games. Right now we are rewriting the backend server code and that will take a couple months. Hopefully after that we can get to this.

In the future tournaments may be automated, but for now we just do them manually by using the forums. Here's a recent example of a team tournament set up I started a few weeks ago. http://www.dominating12.com//forum/?cmd=topic&id=2308

There are other type tournaments with different set ups. Come up with some rules and set up, and an admin can assist you with organizing tournament games, proposed points, and stuff.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
flexmaster33 wrote:
thanks Hoodlum...I'm hoping to get a sports-themed event up her in the next few weeks as the football and hockey seasons get close.
flexmaster33 wrote:
I'm not seeing how to create a game that doesn't involve myself?
How would I make a game then invite the tourney players to that showdown?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Create the game
invite 1 player
wait for him to join
invite everyone else to the game
leave before they join.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
Apart from that, you can send a message to one of the admins telling them that you'd like to be a tournament organiser.
That gives you some useful tools, like for example creating a game without joining it.

So yea, a few days before you want to start organizing everything, send a message to, say, elysium5.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
Yup. Hoodlum or myself would be more than happy to help.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
Hoodlum wrote:
yup. googled your user name, can see the tournaments you have done on cc. more than happy to help. if you are going to be a regular d12 player with good standing and want to be active with tournaments then it shouldn't be a problem down the track to become a tournament organizer.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman