Tournament community
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
flexmaster33 wrote:
Does this site have an active tournament community. I'm coming from another site and enjoy playing and running various tournaments to bring an added level of strategy.
Excited to explore the Dominating 12
Hoodlum wrote:
hi flexmaster33, welcome to d12.

There are some tournaments going, but it would be cool to have more. I've been meaning to do a tournament since I came here too from another risk site where I did the same, but I've just been playing and playing and even making maps to keep involved, and the ranking system here is cool enough for me. But we probably need more tournaments here, just need some more organizers, maybe we are waiting for you :)

See how you like the site, maybe down the road you could set one up. No doubt, you will have other risk buddies that you've gotten to know through these tournaments. Use your referral link if you invite them here. You earn extra tokens!!

Tokens will have more value, with future updates. gl
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
flexmaster33 wrote:
Thanks Hoodlum...is there a tourney thread?
How would I learn about hosting a tourney or even joining one.
I'm big on sports-themed tourneys...not seeing anywhere in the forums where tourney updates would show up, etc?
Hoodlum wrote:
there isn't a specific board thread for tournaments, but you are in the right category to find them. Perhaps once more tournaments get going and regularly, we will set up a board thread, which will include a guideline and stuff.

I'm getting some practice in so I've just set up a basic 2v2 team tournament pretty similar to what I use to host on my old risk play ground using myleague. If you meet the entry conditions you are welcomed to participate in this one.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Vexer wrote:
Hello flexmaster33. Nice to see another player from Portland :). We will get more tournaments going once we write some code to automate the tournament games. Right now we are rewriting the backend server code and that will take a couple months. Hopefully after that we can get to this.