Account information in the display
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
rgenandt wrote:
Even though we put some information in our profile it doesn't show in the user screens when we click on them? Is it supposed to be optional? I would like to be able to see what country the people are from, stuff like that.
chris wrote:
Yeah. I'm seeing everyone listed as being from "Unknown." I know that I've posted my location on the site, but it doesn't show up when I look at myself.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
Sorry I haven't gotten to adding it yet. Thanks for reminding me guys, when I get back from vacation I'll go ahead and add that. I think the problem I was having was coming up with flag icons for each of the places.
chris wrote:
I can make some if you want. Shouldn't be too hard. Just smaller versions of the regular flags, right? Give me a heads up if you want me to take a crack at it. Be cool to get this rolling.

4myGod wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking though a bit bigger than normal flags, I kinda want to reinforce nationality here. Maybe with a 2.0 gel flag look, try something with one flag and see how you can make it look. There are a lot of flags though.

Also I'm wondering if we should let people put in their location, and possibly lie, or if we should have it auto detect the location by IP address everytime they login.
chris wrote:
You can. I would recommend against it though. Gives a kinda weird feeling.

How big do you need them?

cody224 wrote:
I think it should automatically pick your flag for you, and change it if you log on from another country.That would be cool. But give them the option of putting what state or province they live in.
4myGod wrote:
So having a auto location but also a manual location? I agree.