The Tipping Point?
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
emjaydee wrote:
If you look at the number of players per rank, there is in general a steady decline from Private to Chief Warrant Officer. This then jumps up at 2nd Lt, before reducing to a handful of players in the higher ranks.

My question is, is 2nd Lt the tipping point between good players and very good players?

At this level, you have to maintain a fairly decent winning percentage to maintain the rank (probably 1 in 4 depending on game size / opponents etc.), and so advancing beyond this level becomes a true test of your ability.

I've been up to Captain, and back down to CWO, but 1st or 2nd Lt seems to be my level.

Anyone else think this is true? Or is it a statistical anomaly? Or am I just rubbish and trying to make excuses for being stuck as a Lieutenant for about 6 months? :D
UltrasPlot wrote:
A lot of players don't buy officer ranks over 2nd. Lt, this could be a reason.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yeah I noticed that anomaly. I think real CWO's are much more but they don't buy the rank and they just wait to be 2nd Lt to spend their tokens, bcoz CWO doesn't give much more prestige than WO but 2nd LT does (= Commissioned Officer). Plus what Ultras says is probably true, someone don't want to show their real ranks but they want to show they are at least 2nd LT, the lowest of commissioned officer. It's mostly a psicological thing based on the importance those ranks have in real armies.

By the way 2nd Lt is still a very respecable rank with around 50 ppl over you and few thousands under you. If it is hard to keep it up then I cannot imagine how many games you need to win in % to stay ranked general! In fact I can see the top of the list being pretty various, ppl that were in the top12 and then they fall down 1000 points like it's nothing.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
4960epic wrote:
yea, i skipped around the rank field including CWO and WO, and ended up buying 2nd lieutenant. 
Wish id stayed at sarge major tho :P
supiachao wrote:
Hmm... So I should stay as a sarge major?

I thought to buy rank when I got 5000 tokens but I dunno which rank I should buy...
Votazap wrote:
@Emjaydee, yeah something like that...I still have glorious dreams about the glorious days when I was an honorable colonel... :(
Stratosphere wrote:
The_Bishop - Jun 20, 10:21 PM
Yeah I noticed that anomaly. I think real CWO's are much more but they don't buy the rank and they just wait to be 2nd Lt to spend their tokens, bcoz CWO doesn't give much more prestige than WO but 2nd LT does (= Commissioned Officer). Plus what Ultras says is probably true, someone don't want to show their real ranks but they want to show they are at least 2nd LT, the lowest of commissioned officer. It's mostly a psicological thing based on the importance those ranks have in real armies.

By the way 2nd Lt is still a very respecable rank with around 50 ppl over you and few thousands under you. If it is hard to keep it up then I cannot imagine how many games you need to win in % to stay ranked general! In fact I can see the top of the list being pretty various, ppl that were in the top12 and then they fall down 1000 points like it's nothing.

very nice explanation...