24 games
  • 59 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
slackbatter wrote:
I too have enjoyed the strategy difference with caps on the large map without too many players. They've been more interesting than most caps games usually are.
HammerTime wrote:
Hi Bishop, have a spot open soon ..if their is still a opening left I'll join in..should have premium next few days,just need to put money on my prepaid card..don't like useing credit cards online or I would be already.
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
HammerTime wrote:
Hi Bishop, have a spot open soon ..if their is still a opening left I'll join in..should have premium next few days,just need to put money on my prepaid card..don't like useing credit cards online or I would be already.
HammerTime wrote:
Hmm seem to be getting double posts alot for some reason..happens only on my Android
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh well, sorry Hammer I think I forgot about you and I set a rating limit too high.
But if you want to join one of the games just tell me I will remove the restriction then.

5p Dom (cpd@15) Med. States = waiting for players
6p Dom (cpd@20) Italia = waiting for players
7p Dom (cpd@25) W. Expanded = waiting for players
8p Dom (cpd@30) Texas = waiting for players
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
So here are the winners of Large Territory Capitals:

5p Cap Hawaii Dual = maafi
3p Cap Brazil = slackbatter

5p Cap Med. States = slackbatter
3p Cap Solar System = maafi

5p Cap Africa 1890 = slackbatter
3p Cap Europe = The_Bishop

5p Cap Baltic Sea = Stratosphere
3p Cap Ancient Realm = The_Bishop

Hmm,,, there are some recursive names, no surprise!
slackbatter wrote:
I want to mention again how much I did enjoy those formats, especially the 5 player games. I guess I somehow had never played many (or any) games with those kind of settings. We'll have to do it again sometime.
The_Bishop wrote:
Congrats Slack (once again!) Yes, I agree we should play it again, but for now I'm experimenting a bit more about Domination settings. I declared I'm more favourable to play it with capped cards but I'm not opposed to try also Domination with increasing cards. So I set another 4 games up, with smaller maps this time and increasing cards. Probably it was more logical to do small maps with cap and large maps without... But it's the experiment, let see what happens. Who ever wants to join is welcome! :) Most of games only need 1 or 2 more players to start... Hurry up!

4p Dom (increase) Falklands = waiting for players
5p Dom (increase) Solar System = waiting for players
6p Dom (increase) Melee = waiting for players
7p Dom (increase) East Indies = waiting for players

5p Dom (cpd@15) Med. States = waiting for players
6p Dom (cpd@20) Italia = in progress
7p Dom (cpd@25) W. Expanded = waiting for players
8p Dom (cpd@30) Texas = waiting for players
HammerTime wrote:
I have only played a handful of domination games and those were increased cards...was not a fan..but gotta say I'm really enjoying the capped Dom game...really allows for more player skills to win..instead of winning by card luck... u just made a fan of capped Dom games Bishop :).. Now I'm curious about Dom game with no cards( my favorite setting) imo no cards brings out everyone's skills..but only downfall is the games can be really long an have high chance of stalemate( played many Deathmatch with this setting)...great games bro along with the good players you have invited!!
Matty wrote:
Yeah, domination games with no cards are fun, but there's quite a risk of it never ending.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
I'm not a fan of No Card but sometimes, why not. Capped DM games work for more territorial strategy and less numeric probabilities, but usually they never end (!), that's why I play Capped only with Domination gametype. Well, and Increasing with DeathMatch gametype or Capitals. Although among high skilled players even Increasing DM can quite easily stalemate and then you have the option to play Increasing Domination games. But possibly only with people that understand how Domination works.

The point of Domination games is to keep their own territories protected and never leave many 1's, otherwise will be easy for someone to achieve the goal as soon as the turn-in value reaches high enough. It's a similar concept of Capitals games, never leave your capital weak otherwise the game will be over soon, not only for you but for everybody.
HammerTime wrote:
Nice ,wins stratos.. Thanks for the good games Bishop..
The_Bishop wrote:
Both Maafi and Stratos already won 2. And Henris_1 won 1. And other 3 games are still in progress:

4p Dom (increase) Falklands = maafi
5p Dom (increase) Solar System = maafi
6p Dom (increase) Melee = Henris_1
7p Dom (increase) East Indies = Stratosphere

5p Dom (cpd@15) Med. States = Stratosphere
6p Dom (cpd@20) Italia = in progress
7p Dom (cpd@25) W. Expanded = in progress
8p Dom (cpd@30) Texas =in progress
The_Bishop wrote:
4p Dom (increase) Falklands = maafi
5p Dom (increase) Solar System = maafi
6p Dom (increase) Melee = Henris_1
7p Dom (increase) East Indies = Stratosphere

5p Dom (cpd@15) Med. States = Stratosphere
6p Dom (cpd@20) Italia = The_Bishop
7p Dom (cpd@25) W. Expanded = in progress
8p Dom (cpd@30) Texas =slackbatter

That last game in progress can potentially be a long run epic game or it will simply end in a draw, let's see what happens...