Chrome extension for toggling a single color per team
  • 24 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
bethlet wrote:
HI!

I am too stupid to figure out who is on whose team in these crazy games, so I wrote a Chrome extension to toggle colors so you can see each team with ONE color, not a million: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dominating-12-team-view/pcagomihnmimmdgcpkeomfdlpgdcmbje/related?hl=en-US&gl=US

Hope this is useful, though you're probably less addled than I am and may not have this problem. :D
Vexer wrote:
Thanks for the extension Beth. It's refreshing to see someone take matters into their own hands instead of adding to our seemingly never ending to do list.

I had trouble getting it to work though. I had to look at the source code to figure out what the problem was. It only works for dominating12.com and not www.dominating12.com. So for those who have the site bookmarked as www.dominating12.com you'll have to delete the www.

In a couple months we will be working on rewriting the backend for the server and the game engine. We can incorporate a toggle like this if enough people find it useful. This extension probably won't work after that so please comment here if you end up using this.
bethlet wrote:
Hi!! So happy to help! I updated the extension to handle www as well as without. Silly mistake but thanks for catching it! :D The change is publishing now and will work with version 0.3 of the extension. If you don't see it in chrome://extensions, you can drop into developer mode and force an update. :)
The_Bishop wrote:
I cannot understand: how can I discern my troops from my teammate's if they are the same color?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
bethlet wrote:
It's a toggle button. Click it again to switch back to the normal view.
elysium5 wrote:
Very nice!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
For those unfamiliar with Add On's as I was, click on bethlet's link below, click the Overview tab and see a Big Button saying "Add to Chrome" this will put the D12 logo on the right of the address bar, which becomes the Team Game colour Toggle Switch.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dominating-12-team-view/pcagomihnmimmdgcpkeomfdlpgdcmbje/related?hl=en-US&gl=US

Thank you for this bethlet, it is very useful. I too have difficulty in seeing which team is which.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Axobongo wrote:
haha, i find that link more baffling than figuring out team colors,, i just make a note of team colors until they appear in my mind like flag colors, but kudos on the development, i am sure it is a great addition and i will enjoy it if i ever figure out how to make it work,, but then again, i wont use Chrome,,
elysium5 wrote:
I just tried it out and it works amazing. Thanks again!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
Just tested the single colour toggle again and it has a 5 second auto toggle, so you can't leave it switched on.
This is either the auto refresh resetting it or part of the Add On, but either way, this has been well thought out.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dominating-12-self-view/pfbfbbhelafgffnkpdemohegeanddkhj?hl=en

A toggle feature that greys out all other territories so you can find your own troops easily

This is another cool google chrome extension by bethlet. good for huge maps with multiple opponents

view (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman