% to win question
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
Just curious... What is the approximate % of the total territories needed to win a domination game? I know because of rounding, it is not the same for all, but what is the % written into the programming?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to create some good long term games and I want to decide a good amount of players based on the number of territories needed to win.

THANKS!
The_Bishop wrote:
It is written somewhere in the forum but then corrections occurred since I am not sure anymore of what the exact percentages are. It depends on the number of players: must be something close to 50% for high number of players and 66% for low number of players. Probably Cireon know it because he set it.

I was thinking as we are able to see the capitals in the map-browser when we set a capital game, then we should also be able to see the "domination value" when we set a domination game.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Shame on me for not doing this already, it's on my todo list now.

Just a question, where on the map browser do you think it will fit? Can't think of a really good place right now.
Maybe top-right of the map block (so at the same height of the "5 Choose map", but then all the way right).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes this is the matter Matty, where to place it! That's why I never spoke about that, because I really didn't know how to put it. But really the location you propose it is not bad at all. Must be worth for me.

@Clarke - For the moment what you can do is to create a passwored game with the number of players you want on that map, then read the domination amount of territories and then note it somewhere and leave the game.
Cireon wrote:
2p - 55%
3p - 60%
4p - 55%
5p - 52.5%
6p - 50%
7p - 47.5%
8p - 45%
9p - 42.5%

source
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Ok, I added it to the create game page.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Great, thx Matty! Just 2 things:

- Guys remember to press Ctrl+F5 to display it corretly!!

- Matty I thought you meant all on the right of the map, not all on the right of the page. Over the map would more visible I think, like when you set Capitals: you immediately see the circles on the map.
Matty wrote:
Ah, you mean like that. Very smart, didn't think of that, but it does look better yes.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep just that! :) Really I thought you was referring to that place but sometimes a misunderstanding can be useful LOL! Thanks for the adjustment, much better now.
aeronautic wrote:
This is a great addition, very useful, thanks Matty.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Nice :) thanks Matty!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

pygmyhippo277 wrote:
hey uhm another question about domination, if it's teams, then is it the number between both players.
Eat my dust.