fatal error accessing
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
rgenandt wrote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/domin8/public_html/lib/php/dxii/model/game.php on line 1487

Trying to access the 'My Games' tab in beta or production
rgenandt wrote:
Same error, multiple computers in multiple locations, since it's a function call I doubt that it's browser related?

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/domin8/public_html/lib/php/dxii/model/game.php on line 1487

want to delete my phantom games and see if I can go in?

I don't want to miss all my turns :-(
4myGod wrote:
ohhh! the phantom games! that must be the problem. Yeah yeah, sorry I will delete them asap, I didn't realize this was in both beta and nonbeta
4myGod wrote:
Ok, I've deleted those games, again, sorry about that. I didn't realize what you meant by production. It should work now then.
rgenandt wrote:
That's ok, things happen - that's why we are testing :-)

The phantom new member seems to be the most cause? Someone who created an account but it didn't stick and joined games?
4myGod wrote:
Well, I don't know how it happen. My theory is perhaps someone with bad internet attempted to join a game, and the game somehow started, but didn't record the member, but that doesn't quite make sense because the game doesn't start until it counts 2 members.

Nobody can delete their account or anything so there is no way to join and leave. Perhaps it was a fluke and I was uploading something as someone was joining or some very random thing like that. The fact that it happened to 2 games is unusual.

It could also be a weird bug that somehow someone initiated a game unintentionally, without joining.

Either way, for some reason it was pulling 2 users information, but only finding one. So when trying to pull the second users information it came back with an error. When I looked in the db for the players in that game you were the only one listed. I thought the other one would be like id=0 or something, but nope, there just wasn't any other player.

So I'd like to wait for it to happen again just to confirm it's not a fluke, in the meantime fixing other bugs.
rgenandt wrote:
Yes, I thought too it was quite unusual that I had 2 such games - that implies a pattern - but hard to say. After you fix the 4 game limit I'll be creating and playing some new ones again - got kind of busy with work lately too...darn work!
4myGod wrote:
Fixed the limit temporarily. Yeah, work is annoying huh? Always getting in the way of fun :(