Interested in learning the new team game setting? Well this is the place for you!
  • 85 posts
  • Page 4 of 6
BETA wrote:
second practice team game finished!
great set up (and some clutch dice!)-
hood forted to epic over a few turns, to a few places.. epic cannibalized hood.. (turned in 10 on the set! it was an early kill chain.).. killed crystal.. killed kelly.. GREAT dice against beta... 21-9(if his dice would be able to kill beta was the question mark on the whole move. ultra and I thought the move too risky, but it worked! good job them. this time!) killed ultra. gg.

The third practice team game 2v2v2.

just ask to join!
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, let's make practice! I am in!

EDIT: No, I am not, I need a password...

NEW EDIT: I guessed the password right! I am in now!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
BETA wrote:
good job!
thats a data point on your powers of deduction.
noted for fog games etc! :P
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, the game has not started yet... but I have been suddenly promoted from "student" to "teacher"!
Sorry to messed up the procedure guys, I didn't realize it was such a serious school.

My beginner mate is Crystal, our team is called Star Dust.
But the complete name is... Star Dust will bury you all!! :roll:

So, let's fight! What are you waiting for?
Just pick a tutor and join!
Ask to UltrasPlot or Beta for more details and password. Thanks
UltrasPlot wrote:
lololol

sorry bout dropping, odg unexpectedly turned a live into a LT so I have no game slots now. :(
Sygmassacre wrote:
Another will start in a few days im sure. Keep looking in. Meanwhile, my student had to leave so im fighting hard to keep up with the two remaining full teams
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
The_Bishop wrote:
Yeah... that game is ruined!

Maybe a triads team game can be experimented here?
UltrasPlot wrote:
Oh great...

First off I believe in team games neutrals should become their teammate's color, anyone else agree?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@Ultra: I agree ^, but one MAJOR problem:

So, if someone wants their ally's territories, they usually need to attack them, therefore losing some armies in the process. If your ally's neutrals were to become the same colour as your territories, your ally could resign in order to give you his territories for free. This could give your team an advantage in a close game.

Instead, allies should just be considerate and fortify to their team-mate before resigning.

Does that make sense? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
In the 1st team tournament we had some problems due to wrong behaviours of one component of some teams and we decided that you are responsible for the teammate you have picked. Well, I think it's the same also in standard team games.

That one in this case is a pointless game and broberts decided to leave, so leaving Sygma alone. But no one of them picked the other as teammate for real, it was just a training game.

But... There are also the possibility to create team games with random associations, and there it's a problem. By the way I would rarely join a game if I don't know who my teammates are.
PsymonStark wrote:
I think that the idea of neutrals becoming of the other teammates can be good, because many times the motivation of killing your teammate is getting his cards, which you won't get if he defaults (they will get lost).

But don't mind me, I will probably be wrong :P
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Basically it sounds good. But team games are very complex and I suppose that exist situations where a team can take advantage of merging his armies to one player only, and I would dislike it to be used as a strategy.

Also a player kicked for missing too many turns can be eventually winner of the game! It doesn't sound good.

The only thing you can do in my opinion, if you are not able to take your next turns, is to ask the other players if they agree a substitution. I guess it can be normally requested to the Admins.
lazer36 wrote:
hi i would like to learn team play
ban for life glad its not real life or why try to improve one self
Sygmassacre wrote:
Well I won the game anyway (Y)
Would have been nice if I got my partners troops before he resigned but at the time it wasn't his turn so I understand. I was able to slot nicely into the turn in sequence and got good dice first up to enable me to run the board.

The question of what to do with resigned/ skipped turn troops is a hard one. Sometimes you can be blocked by outlying troops that suddenly become yours. Other times it can weaken your defence if you held back to back bonuses. Ultimately I think it comes back to point Bishop made; choose your team mate carefully and hard luck if they time out (or get suspended/banned)
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ