Game 317, it's happened to me twice now
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
rgenandt wrote:
I attack and conquer a territory and then it just hangs up and won't move the troops into the new territory. I eventually give up and exit the game screen, and then when I come back it has me moving troops somewhere else in a country I didn't conquer? It happened 2 turns in a row on different days so it seems like more than a fluke. The last one I don't remember as well, but this turn I had conquered Indonesia from Western Australia, I wanted to move my troops up there but it just kept refreshing even when I pushed the 'move' button. Finally I gave up and went to the 'my games' screen and when I came back it said I had conquered Ural from Siberia (but I already owned both) and wanted to move troops from there. Those might have been the countries where it hung up like that the first time though?
rgenandt wrote:
Ok, I think I know what happened - 
The first time I was playing at school, the connection was kind of bad and it timed me out of a turn when I was supposed to be moving troops. Then, the next time it might have been lost thinking there were 2 territories I was moving from at the same time? I seem to remember that it was the first territory I conquered on the next turn where it just got lost and hung there - does that help?
4myGod wrote:
yes, that does help. Thank you. Any information is helpful.
rick wrote:
game 441 (this time worked in rgenandt's favor).... reinforced michigan with 4 troops to start my turn(giving me 5)... attacked his ohio and won.... when i went to "move troops" it just hung and hung and hung... so i left the screen.... when i went back in, it apparently thought i had just won ohio from wisconsin???? and wanted me to move troops from there into ohio.... very odd....

pivotal moment, as i was going to then attack ny or pennsylvania (brain can't goegraphy when not looking at the map) to keep him from getting more reinforcements in his next turn :(
rick wrote:
so ok... he wasn't holding virginia, so it wasn't the end of the world... but still the pieces are screwed up:

i had 2 guys on wisconsin and one on michigan when the turn started.... ultimately 5 on michigan that i was going to move into ohio to attack pennsylvania.... very strange glitch
4myGod wrote:
That is VERY odd. I haven't seen this glitch. Is there anything you guys can imagine you are doing different than normal? Perhaps something you both are doing? Like clicking extremely fast or leaving it for a long period of time. What browsers do you 2 use?
rgenandt wrote:
I am using Firefox 3.5.7, and it's been when we're playing heads up - so we're sitting right in front of it waiting, not away. I suppose I click fast, I tend to be a pretty fast computer user - but not 'Bionic Man' fast or anything?