Can you add robots/computers?
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
bunbunxox wrote:
Hi, I am wondering if I can play a game against a friend and add robot/computer players to the game?
Clarke wrote:
No, that feature is not available on this site. Not a bad suggestion though...
Matty wrote:
Nope, they are not here, and won't come for at least a long time.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
I recommend to ban Urgul if he goes on with promoting Pogo!

Just because I'm trying to forgot the past! Lols :D
By the way they have playing bots and also the evaluation of what player is leading and who has more chance to win. Also the random setup is not really random, they have just 15 or 20 starting positions in the classic map (the only available) that they have evaluated are balanced. But... the bots don't play decently, they just do very predictable moves and aren't able to win, also the evaluation system I think it is not accurate.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
lifeinpixels wrote:
I started with pogo too. But I didn't last more than a day. I'm so glad I found this site!
urgul wrote:
lol bishop (likin' that italy map btw) :)

yes pogo cant even compete w/ d12, (because d12 is suppa awesome!), however, he asked a question, and I answered it.

However, pogo is suppa slow......
Vexer wrote:
If we were to program bots here or port the ones from turborisk we could only do the basic ones and they wouldn't be very good. The strongest bot for increasing games eats up a lot of CPU cycles and the strong ones for fixed card games are the ones that are programmed specifically for the World Map.

Bots might be more useful to replace players who quit so that the cards are still in play instead of playing against bots from the beginning.

urgul wrote:
Yes, great idea! That could be a good idea away from the surrender button.......
Clarke wrote:
I really learned how to play RISK by playing the CD-ROMS that came out about 10+ years back. The disk was called RISK II. In that game there were about 8 to 10 bots you could select to play against. The problems was that over time, I got to know the style programmed into each bot. Some were more aggressive, some more defensive...

I got to the point where I could play against 8 players, all bots, on the hardest settings, and I still win every game.

I would think that the same thing might occur on any bots programmed on any site.