we have 12 dominators yet?
  • 56 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
killrick wrote:
i was just wondering if we had 12 players win the dominating badge yet?
if so, lets rumble!!
the first d12 d12 tourney
let me know and sign me up
Thorpe wrote:
From the first and only "basic" to hold this title!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
From the first post of this topic:

Previous D12 Game winners: Vexer, killrick, Sekretar, Matty, Fendi, Skarni, Oliver
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
killrick wrote:
ok so we have to have 12 dominators by now.
its time for the first dominator of dominators game
any interest in this sort of thing?
Sygmassacre wrote:
We dont have to make it official. You couod make a game and invite the active former (and current) dominators to it
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
4960epic wrote:
14 and counting. 2 banned.
Im sure we could figure up a game of at least nine, many of the dominators are still around and play long terms.
Matty wrote:
I haven't gotten around to export all the d12 lists to our new page, but they are still there in the firtst post of the dominating 12 thread.

So you can organise something like it!

Note: the bishop and me (but really, mostly just His Eminence) tried a couple of tourney formats for 12 players, but stalemating games really are a problem in these things. Could be hard to organise something.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Really I wanted to try domination with increasing cards and possibly unlimited fortifications, that I find very hard to stalemate.
But the thing fell a bit in interest really. And I have to admit one unique massive game is somehow more appealing. But also it is not nice to exclude 3 of the 12 "dominants".

So if someone is interested we can run another (3rd) experiment:
https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/2403/12-player-contest

If you guys want the Dominator of all Dominators, we can launch the thing and see how many are up for that, and then decide for a single game or a mini-tourney (depending on how many people join). I can help to organaize it if required.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
killrick wrote:
i also like the idea of one huge game for the dominator of dominators game with 12 players but it may not be realistic
that world double map you have been picking at would traditionally be the best map for this game
the 4 games with 6 players each method looks like a good idea
your organizing skills are appreaciated bishop as i have none and wouldnt know where to start
so whatever style works just fine and it would be great to get all the dominators involved in this one
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay I will try to get the list and send invites out during this week-end.
The format will be decided based on the number of players we get. One new Dominator is probably coming soon and he should also be included.

I think this is the complet list:
1) Vexer - Jan/Feb 2012
2) killrick - Apr/May 2012
3) sekretar - October 2012
4) Matty - March 2013
5) Fendi - May 2013
6) skarni- August 2013
7) oliver - Sep/Oct 2013
8) Villain 191 - Jan/Feb 2014
9) Joca - April 2014
10) nikeboix69 - August 2014
11) Stratosphere - October 2014
12) Sygmassacre - Febuary 2015
13) 4960epic - May/Jun 2015
14) slackbatter - November 2015
15) slackbatter - April 2016

right?
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, I confirm the list:
Former Dominators (click to show)

If you exclude sekretar and Joca that got banned and you don't count the "second slackbatter", then they are exactly 12, as wished by killrick.
So I'm sending invitations out. But I'm not sure that everybody will accept and especially Villain191 and Vexer unfortunately don't seem to be active lately.

If only 9 or less join, it will be a single game contest. If 10 or 12 join, it will be a mini-tournament consisting of 2 simultaneous games and -- if no one gets a double win -- then 4 players will play for the final (like it is in this thread). If exactly 11 join it's a problem, the mini-tournament would be unfair so we will better wait to have a new name (probably coming soon).

Question for Matty. Would be the case to have some official prizes for such an important contest?
I mean this is "Dominator of All Dominators"!! I do think we should put a prize and run it once per year.
killrick wrote:
thx for organizing this bishop. it should be a lot of fun
did you contact cnn and fox networks?ime sure they would want to cover this epic event
really hoping to see all 12 dominators involved in this as thats what its all about
Matty wrote:
It's a little bit hard for me to come up with a price, as I'm one of the participants.

But think of something and it'll probably get through ;)
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, I turn the question about prize to Hoodlum.

Yes, of course killrick, I did! A team from CNN will be to you, sunday in the morning, to set cameras and lights. (Forgot to tell you, sorry!)