A discussion of a new tournament
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
I think it would be an interesting idea for a tournament to do a kinda secret team thing, where nobody knew who your teammate was except you(and your teammate of course.) It would be round robin style I think, if my brain can work long enough for me to do that, 6 player games, and "secret teams" of 2. I think we'll do 3 rounds and each round will have 3 games so that everyone is playing each other once(depending on the interest level.)

Your teammate WILL CHANGE depending on the round, and the person with the best individual record will win.

Of course, you can PM your teammate as the game is going on.

I would also need help from a mod to end the games once the "team" has won(and award necessary statistics if possible)

Round 1: Black Sea FOW Deathmatch
Round 2: Great Britain and Ireland FOW Capitals
Round 3: Korea - Japan FOW Deathmatch

There will be a prize pool for the top three individual players(I don't have any tokens, so I need people to donate to the prize pool):
50% of the prize will go to 1st place
33% to 2nd
17% to 3rd
Eat my dust.
ChipmunkWarrior wrote:
This sounds like an interesting idea.

However Fog of War may be too disorganizing.

I'd like to opt in on this Tournament
"The tallest beanstalks sway in the wind the most

- Ancient South African Proverb
orzhovboss wrote:
Hmmm...sounds interesting except it would definitely be a challenge to award statistics right (can the mods even do that?)
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
Yes they can orzhov, because they can return statistics, and even if they can't, they can just return statistics.
Eat my dust.
Matty wrote:
orzhovboss
Hmmm...sounds interesting except it would definitely be a challenge to award statistics right (can the mods even do that?)
We can do the rating and tokens. These games will not count towards your standings though - there they will be as if cancelled.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Just to clarify: would the teams be randomly assigned each game from the pool of players, or would the teams be systematically assigned, so everyone would eventually be paired with every other player?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
pygmyhippo277
I'm thinking random, although I'm open to feedback
I'd agree with this
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Depends on when it's starting, I'm afraid
Day Actions: