• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
mpesa wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but how does one start a tournament? And can tournaments be by invitation only or are they always public? Thanks.
dough_boy wrote:
The answer was a few above the post you made on the other topic.

"The_Bishop wrote:  Posted: 10 Dec 2020, 21:00 
Post #4
@Mach, I think you should ask to Hoodlum to have "tournament organizer" activated on your account, and how it works."
mpesa wrote:
Ok, I did see that and I did email Hoodlum but I haven't received a response yet. Why isn't the process explained anywhere? Even if it's a restricted privilege, there should still be an explanation on the Tournaments page.

dough_boy
The answer was a few above the post you made on the other topic.

"The_Bishop wrote:  Posted: 10 Dec 2020, 21:00 
Post #4
@Mach, I think you should ask to Hoodlum to have "tournament organizer" activated on your account, and how it works."
Matty wrote:
mpesa
Why isn't the process explained anywhere? Even if it's a restricted privilege, there should still be an explanation on the Tournaments page.
Can you write us a good explanation (maybe with some feedback from Hoodlum), then we'll add it to the page.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
hello. sorry i havent gotten back to you yet and another player.. i have been busy, and as you can see we don't really have a structure of the tournament organizing part yet regarding information, on how to get the privilege of a tournament organizer role. ill give a brief intro.
the tournament page is fairly new and before so, things were done manually where i was mainly doing a lot of tournaments. as an admin, i was able to add players myself or remove them, which made it convenient.
the programmers have assisted by building a tournament page to make it a lot easier to bulk add for larger tournaments, with a vision for further involvement where players can then do the same.
It's great that more players are getting interested in creating tournaments. the tournament organizer role comes with the ability to create games, enter players, pause/end games for tournament games. these are abilities that an still be abused so we aren't just willing to hand out the role to just everyone, therefore, anyone interested has had some sort of background check, such as.... if they are with good standing as a d12 member (no ban types, good reputation score etc).
since i haven't been as busy as usual, and there is some interest from players i do not know much about, i have to do some catch up.
other than myself, any of the admins can give tournament organizer ability. now that we are getting some request for this, we will likely put a players name up for discussion as we do with our other site roles.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman