Head-to-head tournament
  • 20 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
The_Bishop wrote:
[image]

This tournament is a competition between 2 players only: the lowest rating on the site, Private Cinco-DeMaio,
will challenge... the highly decorated champion, 9-time Dominator of the site, General slackbatter!

9 simultaneous long-term games in 9 different maps, Death-Match and Capitals with consecutive turns;
the victory is assigned to which of the two obtains the greater number of wins (draw requests are not allowed).

The prize is 1,500 battle tokens + any donations (possibly divisible by 3):
slackbatter donates 5,000;
maafi donates 501;
2BeeStings donates 100;
GIO_thePioneer donates 99.
Total prize = 7,200 tokens

2/3 of the prize are awarded to the winner: 4,800 battle tokens.
1/3 of the prize is awarded to the loser: 2,400 battle tokens.

Hostilities will begin within 24 hours from when the two competitors will have both stated their commitment below.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
slackbatter wrote:
I hereby state my commitment down here (below). Also I will donate 5000 tokens.
slackbatter is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
:D The giant was Goliath, but according to the Bible, David defeated Goliath, so... I don't know honestly, then let's see who will be David.

Thanks for donation Slack!
The_Bishop wrote:
Don't worry Cinco, as far as I know Slackbatter sucks in 2-player games, and we all will feel better after you beat him. ;)

So, both of you are engaged in this tournament, and both of you have confirmed your official commitment to proceed, therefore, with the authority conferred upon me by my ordination as minister of the Gospel of Christ, our Lord, I now pronounce you man and wife!
The groom may now kiss the bride and the honeymoon will begin in the next 24 hours.
The_Bishop wrote:
Woops sorry, when it's hot sometimes I get confused... :D
I meant that the challenger can now start harassing the champion, and the battle will begin in the next 24 hours.
GIO_thePioneer wrote:
Nice initiative and very interesting match!
I will donate 99 tokens ( divisible by 3 ;) ) and I will place my virtual bet of 1 token on the underdog.
Very curious about the outcome of this David and Goliath challenge.
Good luck to both players!
Go Cinco-DeMaio!!!!!
The_Bishop wrote:
Tournament is on!
I have divided it in 3 rounds of 3 games each, just to stagger a bit the beginnings and avoid to start 9 games all together.

Caribbean capitals: game 1035071 -o-§-o- Brécourt Manor capitals: game 1035074 -o-§-o- World Reduced capitals: game 1035075

Ancient Realm death-match: game 1035082 -o-§-o- Timor Islands capitals: game 1035083 -o-§-o- Arctic Circle death-match: game 1035084

Australasia death-match: game 1035085 -o-§-o- Anchor Bay death-match: game 1035086 -o-§-o- Central America capitals: game 1035087
dough_boy wrote:
Too many capital games. I don't think Cinco might know how to actually play. That is almost 5 guaranteed wins for Slack.
slackbatter wrote:
Well if Cinco can win just one of the nine games, I'll still lose 22 points net.
slackbatter is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh yes! In fact I forgot a thing...
For those who want to bet (max 10 tokens) these are the odds:

-- Slackbatter winning all 9 games is paid twice the bet = 2/1;
-- Cinco winning at least one game is paid twice the bet = 2/1;
-- Cinco winning the tournament is paid 10 times the bet = 10/1.

Follow the results of the match here: https://dominating12.com/tournament/116/participants
The_Bishop wrote:
3 games have already ended and the other 6 are in progress. This gives a partial result of 2 to 1 in favour of Slackbatter.

-o-  slackbatter -Vs- Cinco-DeMaio  -o-
[image] 2 - 1 [image]      (partial result)
https://dominating12.com/tournament/116

Bets are closed.
And that's how with a game won by Cinco-DeMaio I have to pay many tokens. :( I thought it would be more difficult for him to win a game against Slack: probably my odds were wrong. If Cinco were to win the tournament then I'm not sure I can repay all the bets, at least not immediately. In any case, all token accounts will be settled once the tournament has ended; in the meantime, the only thing I can do is to just play as much as possible!

Please @Slack, try to focus a little bit more on this tournament instead of just thinking about the Dominator title match. :P Thank you.
Ammazza wrote:
LOL @
slackbatter
Wait! I'm David right?

I bet 30 token on slackbatter!
Cinco-DeMaio wrote:
This is hilarious, I have been playing while stuck on a ferry boat in the Greek Islands on my phone with little to no service. I just got back and saw this thread. Thanks for the opportunity Bishop!