Looking for member input
  • 33 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Dferguson wrote:
why not partner with other risk sites... I no its competition yayayay but it would broaden the amount of players and provide alternative game play formats for people to try different sites.

This site is great and as has been said many times your not looking to gain revenue as you are just trying to help offset some cost. I think other risk site will encourage people who already play risk to challenge themselves. Thoughts?
Vexer wrote:
All that would do is get us more crappy players. We want more strategists so we should focus on recruiting players from a game that is less luck based.
myturn wrote:
why not an app in google play store? or at least lnk building in game forums?
Dferguson wrote:
thats a ponderous argument; you can expect every player to join to be good. Its foolish to think that way... just like the dice its 50/50ish, players will suck, players will be average, players will be great. It is the few who actually strive to improve that give the attackers advantage.

It is a misnomer to suggest pairing with a chess site will yield far more great players. I understand you strategically picking a site due to the nature of whats needed to play chess but you can not say every player that plays chess on that site is great at it therefore great at risk. Apples and Oranges.

However joining with a risk site will yield players who enjoy risk (that why the play on that site)... and it is my belief that the players who enjoy it and are good would challenge themselves to see if they can dominate on a different playing field.

Also just because you are joining with a site does not mean every player or member of that site will join ours... so if they have 1000 players its gratuitous to think all 1000 will play risk, but it would not be unreasonable to expect 10% to expand and try it. So I ask why not join both a risk site and a chess site? It would be alot of leg work but if expanding is your goal in the hopes for more "skilled" players... why buy just one lotto ticket? 
hosernaut wrote:
Its an interesting idea, but I have a feeling it'd be quite difficult to convince another Risk-based game site to partner with their competition. Live games is a premium feature on a lot of other sites, so by partnering with us, they'd be giving up one of their ways to push premium on their members.

Also, we are fully aware not everyone will join us from a partner site, and obviously not everyone who does will be good. 10% was actually the number we estimated in our PMs as well.
Clarkette wrote:
Facebook is an excellent way to get the word out. However, for some reason, many on here like their anonymity and by liking D12 on Facebook people may start figuring out who others are. I don't care. I like D12 and will certainly become more interactive.
BrewDog wrote:
I like the iStore, Google app idea. Even a simple free app that is a re-direcet to the URL of D12 would be beneficial, at minimum a start.
hosernaut wrote:
BrewDog - Jun 2, 01:35 AM
I like the iStore, Google app idea. Even a simple free app that is a re-direcet to the URL of D12 would be beneficial, at minimum a start.

While this sounds like a good idea, I fear it would bring far far too many people, and probably not many good people.
Cireon wrote:
BrewDog - Jun 2, 01:35 AM
The problem with this however is that these stores mainly target mobile devices and as owner of several of these devices, I can tell that this website is not optimised at all for those platforms, so I don't think we can advertise this website for these platforms until the website properly supports them.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
hosernaut wrote:
Cireon - Jun 2, 01:36 PM
The problem with this however is that these stores mainly target mobile devices and as owner of several of these devices, I can tell that this website is not optimised at all for those platforms, so I don't think we can advertise this website for these platforms until the website properly supports them.

I play using my phone and Playstation 4 all the time without problems. Though I'm sure it varies by phone. I don't know specifically about apple products though.
cbt711 wrote:
It works fairly well on my iPhone 5 - but it's a pain vs. a computer. That's the touch input though, not the site or D12 programming. I have issues on my laptop when I try to use the touchscreen as well. I never play live on the phone
4zaviola wrote:
If the money is there to increase the server size, give it a go. If the money is not there, don't.

This formula does not need changed. Grow at a rate you (we) can afford.
Cireon wrote:
There is a difference between technically working, and working out regarding user friendliness. Taking your turns on your phone or tablet is a pain.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
cbt711 wrote:
Can you find a connect 4 site? :D Random skillset of mine, but I almost never lose in connect 4. It's a navy thing. Not much to do out to sea but games.