New Map Idea
  • 27 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Holt wrote:
What if we were to do a map of the Roman Empire when it was at it's strongest. I know it was primarily based right around the mediterannean so it may look similar to that map, but it also streteched as far north as Great Britain and Western Russia. Just a thought I was throwing out there after looking at this map online.
http://www.romanscotland.org.uk/pages/infrastructure/maps/RE395adL.jpg
Pntbttr wrote:
This would be an interesting map but we already have two Europe maps (one is still on the way) and a mediterreanian sea map...and a great britain ireland map...and a turkey map is on the way...and an italy map is on the way...and we have an Africa map...you could make the map but I think that area of the world has been covered in a lot of different veiws

If you did make the map I would love it but I think we should do a different contenent once in a while... ^_^

Great idea...just saying I think we need a little variaty
Holt wrote:
I understand. Im just a big History buff and I though it would be interesting to throw out one of my favorite time periods to learn about. Ill think about it some more and give a different idea. =)
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Idea is good but gameplay is very similar with mediterranean sea.
 I would make this map if we didnt have MED. map
 Dig for new maps, i can make one.
Pntbttr wrote:
If you made this map I would play on it but I was just saying that most of the maps we have are focused on that area...This looks like it would have really cool game play...kinda like a bigger med. sea map...
Glanru wrote:
Noxon is right that the map is very similar to the Mediterranean Sea map that we already have. Each map that I make, I look for a different niche. So, I take careful thought into connectivity, region sizes, number of regions, number of territories, and general flow of a map. That's not to say that you can't have a map that's similar to another map, just that it's likely not going to be as anticipated, and will compete with games played with the map already filling it's niche. I'd be more interested in a historical China map, or a map of the Mongolian Horde.
Holt wrote:
Well I will dig into history and find something a little more unique and get back to you with an idea.
Holt wrote:
What about a map of the Middle East.. With all the conflict that has been going on there lately would make for interesting gameplay... I was looking at this map online..

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/txu-oclc-192062619-middle_east_pol_2008.jpg
Pntbttr wrote:
I've thought about doing a map of that area but there aren't many places to put territories...
-NoXoN- wrote:
I can do graphic. Nrholt can you show one map to tell me how do you wish to have regions and gameplay. We can discuss if someone (hopefully) have something to say.
 Just make region territories with red line and post map here.
lionheart wrote:
Is this idea still in the mix? I'm also a ancient history nut so this sounds good to me, sadly I'm not creative enough to help design. This is completely different to modern Europe maps, like 2000 years different
Cireon wrote:
I still think this would be too similar too our Mediterranean map.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card