A thread to track progress in the tool I'm making
  • 66 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
elysium5
I decided to pin this thread so it doesn't fall out of view.

Right decision Ely.

I would like also a direct link to the corresponding game history in all games.
I proposed this solution, which I don't know if it is optimal but I think it could work (at least for those who use Chrome and have dowloaded the in-game tab extension provided by Jmirch).

More Feedback:
I definitely think that Neutral troops should show differently from Unknown Colour troops.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Jethro37 wrote:
I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code, but I have a suggestion for enhancing the visualization. If each attack in a players turn could be represented by a colored line of that player's color extending to the territory it attacked, that could show the path and targets the player went against. You could make a successful attack slightly thicker than an unsuccessful one. 

I think this helps you see everything that's happening and you don't have to be as dependent on spotting the flashing of an attack.

At the end of the turn the lines could all go away and new lines could begin. 

This may be asking to go far beyond the framework, but just wanted to throw it out there in case cause a line to be drawn between two points wasn't great of a complication.

Thank you for the consideration.
The_Bishop wrote:
All circles start in gray, I think there is something not working properly
1949midden wrote:
Currently I do receive the following error message "Not Found - Request ID: 01GG4SH37GKAQYT8E0J989S38E".
Is this just me or common?
1949midden is online.
dough_boy wrote:
Nope. Went to try it today and it appears to be down. Wondering if the OP let it go or forgot about it?
sfclimbers wrote:
Is there any documentation on the Dominating12 API that anyone else could use to create a replacement?
Matty wrote:
sfclimbers
Is there any documentation on the Dominating12 API that anyone else could use to create a replacement?
Not that I'm aware of. But if you plan on doing something like this we can talk about what data you need and we can create such a documentation.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
sfclimbers wrote:
Matty
sfclimbers
Not that I'm aware of. But if you plan on doing something like this we can talk about what data you need and we can create such a documentation.

Understood. I'm not going to have time any time soon. So, I'll just leave it at that for now.
Hoodlum wrote:
dough_boy
Nope. Went to try it today and it appears to be down. Wondering if the OP let it go or forgot about it?

i have it saved somewhere. ill check on one of my sites
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
dough_boy

i have it saved somewhere. ill check on one of my sites

Ok...let me know if you do. I might be able to throw it up on one of my servers.
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice :thumbs:
Some function is missing but it works!
Circles and animation are even better!!
alunturner wrote:
Glad to see it still works in a pirated format. I took it down recently because I must admit I thought it was broken. Could have been some shenanigans with Heroku at the time in hindsight.

I've actually just got in touch with some people here to ask if they'd be willing to pay for me to do a proper job of it and make it so that it would be easy to integrate it into the site.

I'd like to make it so that it actually works properly for all games.
Hoodlum wrote:
ahh look$ like neither link work$ anymore.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman